|Job Title:||Industrial Engineer|
|Salary:||c.£35K + Bens|
My client, a major tier one supplier of plastic trim components to the automotive industry, is now looking to strengthen the team with an Industrial Engineer at their plant in Worcestershire.
The main duties of the role include:
• Apply process mapping and other lean technologies to help develop new production lines, and optimize existing lines, specifically in polishing, paint line loading/unloading, and assembly. This then should be realized to an improvement in efficiency of work flow.
• Be able to calculate and implement logistical routes for optimization, including kitting, flow racking and Kanban systems.
• Optimize manning to meet customer demand using standard work measurement tools.
• Continually improve, develop and optimize current production systems within the paint and assembly area.
• Aid to develop an efficient process change system to ensure smooth and efficient transition of new processes.
• Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services.
• Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient.
• Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs.
• Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production.
• Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards.
• Confer with clients about product specifications, vendors about purchases, management personnel about manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the status of projects.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in manufacturing engineering/industrialisation and process improvement gained within an automotive production environment. Any experience of paint processes or injection moulding techniques would be a distinct advantage.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.