|Job Title:||Linux / UNIX Specialist|
|Salary:||c£425 per day|
Linux/UNIX Specialist- Contract- Winchester
My client is a leading UK communications infrastructure company looking for a Linux/UNIX Specialist. They are looking for someone to ensure the normal operation of the Smart Metering Redhat server infrastructure through provision of proactive and reactive technical support, and to provide specialised advice or consultancy on Linux/UNIX related matters. The role is based in Winchester.
About the role
– Accountable for the 3rd line technical support and consultancy of all RedHat Linux Smart Metering related systems
– Provide specialised consultancy to other areas of my client on Redhat Linux/Unix related technologies
– Experience of supporting Database team for PostgreSQL deployments on Redhat Linux desirable
– Experience of supporting Application team for Splunk on Redhat Linux desirable
– Participate and manage tasks and initiatives as defined by the Server and Database Manager
– Constructively contribute to continuous improvement within the IT Division
– Support on going patch management of Redhat Linux infrastructure.
About the company
– Leading UK communications Infrastructure Company enabling a vibrant digital economy.
– My client enables millions of people and machines to connect through TV, Radio, and Mobile WiFi.
– My client is an independent provider of telecom towers with 8000 active sites.
– Worked on operators such as BT-EE, Vodafone, O2 and three.
Key skills and background:
– 3rd line Linux Technical Support or IT Infrastructure background
– Exceptional working knowledge of Redhat Linux and related infrastructure
– Exceptional understanding of Linux/Unix related industry initiatives
– Excellent understanding of industry related initiatives
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent planning, prioritisation and delivery skills
– Excellent planning and report writing skills
– Subject matter expert for Linux/Unix technologies and ability to provide consultancy to all levels in an organisation
– Willing to undertake Security (SC) Clearance if not already held.
– Good VMware vSphere5 knowledge
– Understanding of project management methodology
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.