|Job Title:||Materials Planner & Logistics Specialist|
|Salary:||£35K to £45K + Bens|
Our client is a leading international automotive consultancy enjoying significant growth and investment. As part of their UK expansion and major contract wins, they now require a Materials Planner & Logistics Specialist to join the team. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity, as you will be a key player in the setting up of a new manufacturing facility, which will grow into a multi-million pound business.
The key functions of the role:
To ensure products / services are managed in the most optimum manner in adherence with the group’s sourcing strategy and departmental KPI’s.
Prepare and implement materials receiving policies for all direct materials in line with Purchasing strategy. PFEP (Plan For Every Part).
To maintain a logistic supplier base acceptable for delivery of both new and existing products.
Manage the MP&L exposure and risks within the supplier base.
Support the Supply Chain departments to ensure direct materials are at the point of use in a timely manner.
To support the Purchasing Manager in the management of departments deliverables.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
• Plan and control material flow from external suppliers.
• Management of external logistic providers.
• Identification and recording of all appropriate data.
• Ensuring suppliers are aware of any special requirements in respect of shipment.
• Monitoring safe receipt of goods.
• To expedite materials to ensure continuity of material flow to support production requirements.
• Scheduling of inbound material in line with build.
• Analysis of MRP reports – Requirements / exceptions / shortages / overdue items.
• Liaise with all appropriate internal departments to ensure adequate information interchange and communication flow.
• Ensure that goods are delivered on time and shipped out of the company in line with customer expectations using the most appropriate and efficient methods of packing, transport, etc.
• Ensure materials are appropriately managed ensuring avoiding all potential risks to the business.
• Support the buyer to conduct and manage the supplier(s) relationship within the cost, quality and delivery targets associated to inventory.
• Control and monitor special and additional freight costs.
• Work within a TS16949 / ISO 14001 environment and participate in audits as required.
• Update and maintain SAP management system as appropriate.
• Inventory – Value and stock days.
• Shortages at point of fit / exceptions Vs supplier schedules.
• Supplier OTIF delivery performance.
• Special / additional transport costs.
A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in automotive production material management.
Experienced in prototype/production component material management.
PC literate and able to confidently use MS Office.
Experienced user of SAP or similar MRP/ERP system.
Good attention to detail.
A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and self-reliance.
A willingness to operate outside their normal comfort zone.
Excellent team and communication skills.
Well organised and able to remain focused under pressure.
This is a permanent, long term opportunity with excellent prospects and a very attractive salary for the right candidate. Please forward your CV as a matter of urgency or contact Rob Brunt or further information.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.