|Job Title:||Product Manager|
We need senior Product Managers to join our growing team in Sheffield to lead multi-disciplinary, agile teams in delivering digital services that meet the needs of users – both prisoners and prison staff. With the overall objective of reducing violence in prisons and increasing rehabilitation.
We’re building a team of around seventy experts in Web Development, Design and User Research in Sheffield. This is a brilliant opportunity to be part of a growing team from its nascent stage and to play an active and continued role in the strategic development of the team and studio approaches. -Product core team of delivery manager, interaction designer, developers; plus user researcher, technical architect, content designer and other roles -Agile coach for the studio -Head of Delivery in Sheffield -Product Manager Community (this is role 3 of 8 in Sheffield),
Leadership of one or more multidisciplinary agile delivery teams to deliver excellent products and iterations, meet user needs, through ongoing success and continuous improvement. Conducting customer and product discovery to define an ecosystem, understand and redesign user journeys, develop user personas and to create a product vision based on those findings. Being actively involved with the wider organisation, and be the key interface between their team and stakeholders, especially the ability to engage with stakeholders unfamiliar with agile.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Experience as a product manager in the principles and application of agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban and Lean Startup.
• Strong visual and verbal communication skills, tailored to the needs of the audience.
• The ability to passionately pursue a vision and articulate it to a wide audience, from team members to Director General level
• Manage people dynamics effectively when working across departmental and other boundaries.
• The ability to evaluate and solve problems creatively and laterally when needed, using appropriate evidence and data over instinct wherever possible to inform product decisions.
• Experience working with user researchers to discover and understand the needs of users, and to gain a wider perspective of the landscape surrounding activities and policies.
• The ability to identify warning signs quickly and to provide decisive responses to emerging significant delivery challenges.
• Demonstrable experience in developing and communicating a coherent product roadmap and strategy.
• To be positive and resilient; strong empathy with the needs of users, stakeholders and colleagues
• Curiosity and the ability to learn new skills quickly; able and willing to challenge the status quo, and to encourage the team and stakeholders to challenge to you
• Facilitate collaborative and engaging sessions with staff from all levels of seniority.
• Having worked to drive through change and/or deliver transactional services in big, complex organisations like the public sector, banking, travel, IT or similar.
• An understanding of complex transactional services and re-engineering or redesigning legacy systems and services.
• A good appreciation for, and ideally practical experience of, service design, user research, UX, design, data and development principles, and how each contribute to the creation of successful products.
• Work experience with some recognised leading organisations in the digital world.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.