|Job Title:||Project Engineer – Chassis & Suspension|
|Salary:||£20-£23 per hour|
“Responsible for the design and development of Damper, Springs and damper modules. The team deliver ground-up designs of all these components from concept through detail design and into production. Engineer is responsible for achieving performance targets for their components to facilitate meeting dynamic and durability requirements. Close interaction is required across all suspension teams, other chassis functions and suppliers in order to achieve this.
• Ownership of components from early concepts to production
• Design of components to meet or exceed performance targets
• Design of components that adhere to departmental standards
• Effective planning and delivery of overall layout, detail design, durability and validation
• Derivation of Engineering Specifications, DFMEA, Delivery Timing Plans and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
• Release of Engineering Drawings
• Supplier management, discussions and communications to achieve the business goals.
• Resolution of engineering issues throughout process (AIMS). Use of problem definition and 6 sigma.
• Leadership of other team members where applicable.”
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the Engineering lifecycle and what it takes to get a product/component from development into production. This will include:
• Effective planning and delivery of overall layout to ensure quality, cost and timing.
• Demonstrate competence at delivering technical solutions.
• Demonstrated competence at engineering drawings and CAD models.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an engineering role.
• Engineering Degree, Mechanical or Automotive.
• CAD experience.
• Demonstrable problem solving, 6 sigma skills and experience.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.