|Job Title:||Project Manager – Automotive|
|Salary:||£40K to £60K (DOE) + Bens|
Project Manager – Powertrain / Driveline
Our client is a leading international automotive consultancy providing engineering expertise to a variety of automotive clients. As part of their UK expansion and major contract wins, a vacancy has arisen for a Project Manager to join the team at their Midlands office. Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the successful candidate will have a number of years’ experience project managing the development and assembly of powertrain products.
Key Functions of the Role:
· Provide project management of client contracts.
· Support bid development, internal issue and review to final acceptance and tracking of project.
· Report out status of projects at any point using key metrics to programmes manager and board level.
· Liaise with engineering to provide clear direction on keys dates and client requirements.
· To support the customers projects by developing and implementing project plans and activities in line with customer and internal timing.
· Hold regular team meetings throughout the group to support and achieve the milestones and quality goals.
· Ensure budget approval and release according to agreed schedule. Track and report cost and revenue items to ensure the project meets its profitability targets. Develop action plans to correct deviations and variances from plan.
· Report progress at review meetings.
· Ensure a high standard of reporting and data integrity for project development.
· Identify bottlenecks and escalate as appropriate to ensure no project delays are encountered.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
· Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
· Previous Project Management experience within powertrain/driveline product development.
· Must possess good technical knowledge and understanding of the automotive industry and powertrain products.
· Ability to persuade and influence others using relevant information, assertiveness and logic.
· Ability to review and adjust to meet pressure and priorities.
· Experience of SAP would be beneficial.
· Good attention to detail.
· A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and self-reliance.
· A willingness to operate outside their normal comfort zone.
· Excellent team and communication skills.
· Well organised and able to remain focused under pressure.
· Planning and organizational skills.
· European language skills would be useful.
This is a permanent, long term opportunity with excellent prospects and a very competitive salary within a growing business. Please forward your CV as a matter of urgency or contact Rob Brunt for further information.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.