|Job Title:||Quality Engineer – Automotive|
|Salary:||Negotiable dep on exp|
Our client is a leading international automotive company enjoying significant growth and investment. As part of their UK expansion and major contract wins, they now require a Quality Engineer to join the business. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity, as you will be a key player in the setting up of a new powertrain manufacturing facility, with the associated processes, accreditations and suppliers, which will grow into a multi-million pound business.
Working within a small team of Quality Engineers with responsibility for the quality activities for the new product introduction of powertrain components for production.
Team goals include:
• Design, implementation and maintenance of a Quality Management System (based on corporate QMS structure and compliant with IATF 16949) for both Design and Manufacturing Activities
• Assessment and development of strategic supply base relationships to ensure capability within rapidly expanding global supply chain.
• Provide leadership and technical assistance to both internal and external process owners on process mapping and improvement activities.
• Manage and support both internal and supply chain APQP and PPAP delivery for New Product Introduction (including the appropriate application of Core Tools methodology).
• Lead and coach in the use of disciplined problem solving activities, including issue containment root cause analysis as the need arises.
Successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
• Significant and proven QUALITY experience working with complex automotive components (or from similar engineering sectors such as aerospace)
• Able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of quality assurance tools, techniques and methodologies (8D, Core tools etc.)
• Excellent presenter & communicator in all aspects of Quality Assurance
• Proven track record in APQP / PSW / PPAP of automotive components
• Able to review and action GD&T dimensioning.
• Knowledge of complex parts manufacturing process and documentation
• DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan including relevant component inspection process and procedures
• Proven ability with problem solving techniques such as 8D systems or similar
• Knowledge and understanding of ISO9000 & ISO14001 & IATF(TS) 16949
• Proven ability to lead organisations thorough detailed audits and resulting action plans
• Ability to review supplier documentation and support suppliers if required
• Overall planning to support full PSW on time
• Good attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A team player with a positive attitude and a high level of self-motivation and self-reliance
• Well organised and able to remain focused under pressure
This is a permanent, long term opportunity with excellent prospects and attractive salary for the right candidate. Please forward your CV as a matter of urgency or contact Rob Brunt or further information.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.