|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
A vacancy has arisen for a Quality Engineer based in in my clients UK Quality Department. Reporting to the Quality and Warranty Supervisor, The successful candidate will have responsibility for controlling Suppliers, Products and Quality Systems within the OE Business.
The key responsibilities of the role include; liaising with Design Engineers on component designs, problem identification and resolution, managing the Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR) system, Whole Vehicle Type Approval auditing, control of Deviations, updating Quality Manual procedures, visiting suppliers globally and carrying out associated work.
You will be required to review drawings in detail between Suppliers, Design and Purchasing, recommend manufacturing processes to suit our supplier base, and implement corrective actions and process improvements with suppliers.
Essential skill requirements:
• Previous experience in an assembly / manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge of quality control procedures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Previous experience investigating quality concerns.
• Able to read engineering drawings.
• Versed in Microsoft office.
• Full UK driving licence and passport.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Previous experience in an automotive OEM or first tier supplier.
• Previous working experience of Initial Sample Inspection Report / PPAP / Component approval.
• HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. (Commensurate experience also applicable)
• Proven track record of liaising with suppliers at their facilities to resolve quality concerns.
• Previous experience auditing manufacturing facilities.
• Inspection experience
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.