|Job Title:||Senior Research Scientist|
Research & Development Team Lead
The employer is a dynamic and fast growing Midlands based medical device company established to commercialize an innovative and disruptive medical imaging technology researched and developed at one of the top UK universities. A strong management team including one of the UKs leading researchers in Quantum Information. We have built a well-funded business to apply this technology to a real clinical need, bringing a real change to how patients are diagnosed in hospital Emergency Units.
Working closely across specialties the engineering team is tasked to bring innovative and creative solutions to translate the fundamental physics principles from leading edge university research to reliable and safe medical devices that make a real difference to patients’ lives. You would be working under strong leadership, with the research teams to bring a new technology to market.
All team members must demonstrate the highest professional and personal standards, be flexible and open minded and be willing to be stretched and challenged. Remuneration for the role will reflect this “best in class” attitude and skill set.
Summary of Key Responsibilities and Role
The Senior Research Scientist will provide technical leadership for collaborative research activities for the company, working closely with the Chief Scientific Officer and Technical Director to identify and design improved solutions in the areas of signal processing, noise reduction, features extraction, and machine learning.
Also, the Senior Research Scientist will drive initiatives to further develop Creavo’s existing medical devices and be a key contributor to the development of new devices. As a highly skilled practitioner in Digital Signal Processing within a biomedical discipline you will possess key skills which will substantially add to the team.
• Lead the team to investigate new solutions, concepts, develop mathematical models, software and design documents for handover to the development team
• Optimising signal processing to enable the medical devices to operate reliably in real clinical environments
• Working with the team to implement both manual and fully automated physiological feature extraction
• Developing and evaluating predictive statistical models
• Support the identification and documentation of new intellectual property and patents
• MSc or PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or closely related field
• Significant experience of working in signal processing (e.g. Digital filtering, frequency and time domain analysis, wavelet analysis, etc.)
• Ability to demonstrate the application of signal processing in support of research projects or the development of a new device / technology
• Knowledge of physiological signal processing (e.g. ECG, MCG, EEG, MEG) or knowledge of cardiac physiology (strong plus)
• Demonstrable expertise in physiological features extraction (e.g. Hidden Markov Models, Wavelet Encoding)
• Knowledge in at least one adaptive technique (e.g. Wavelet denoising, gradiometry, empirical mode decomposition, ANFIS, Kalman filters)
• Time series analysis (e.g. anomaly detection, prediction, epoching, independent component analysis)
• Software programming in Python and or MATLAB, C# (would also be an advantage)
• A good understanding of software engineering principles
• Experience in applied Machine Learning, Logistic Regression, Neural Networks (plus), Bootstrapping, Cross-Validation
• Track record of scientific publications and presentation at scientific conferences
• Project planning and project management skills
• An ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Able to travel domestically and internationally if and when required
• Must have a current and valid UK / European driving licence
• Must have unrestricted right to work in the UK
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.