|Job Title:||Senior Chassis Design Engineer|
The Simulation and Design team comprises specialist resources addressing the needs of complex simulation of structures, fluids and thermal behaviour as well as design support of our vehicle development projects, deploying industry-standard software as required by our customers in all areas of our work.
Opportunities are arising for my client to recruit and deploy experienced chassis design engineers to support vehicle development for a major automotive OEM. This continues my clients recent strategy of linking design resources to customers’ requirements in a flexible way, making full use of the back-up and experience available at my clients Nuneaton base.
Essential experience for this role would include:
• Considerable experience of a chassis engineering CAD role in the automotive industry.
• Good visualisation and engineering skills covering all aspects of chassis systems
• Working knowledge of the design process ideally including generating 3D models & 2D detailed drawings, component and system design, engineering calculations, supplier and customer liaison, involvement in processes of testing and verification
• Experienced in working with other design teams to ensure integration and package requirements are met.
• Good communicator and comfortable working in a multi-disciplined team
• An understanding of risk management
• Confident in making and defending data driven decisions
• Happy to work in a flexible way to support the delivery of overall project objectives
• Good working knowledge of OEM and / or automotive development requirements
Desirable experience for this role would include:
• experience in chassis engineering across a range of vehicles
• experienced in releasing parts and developing a BOM (Bill of Materials)
• Essential skills for this role would include:
• Use of CATIA design software in an automotive design environment
• Use of a proprietary PDM system, TeamCenter or Enovia
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
• Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
It is anticipated that the next project on which these recruits would be deployed would be based on working part of the week at my clients Nuneaton site and part at a customer facility elsewhere in Warwickshire.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.