|Job Title:||Senior Controls Engineer|
|Salary:||up to £40 per hour|
Job title: Senior Controls Engineers
Type: Permanent and contract available
Location: Midlands, UK
Salary/Rate: Attractive and negotiable
My client is a world leader supplying engineering, research and development services to some of the largest global OEM’s. Due to significant growth and contract wins, they now require a number of Senior Control Systems Engineers with experience of IC engine management systems. We have both permanent and contract opportunities available and the exact responsibilities may vary depending on the skills and experience you can bring to the team.
Scope of Role
Senior Controls Engineer for delivery of engine and vehicle/machine control system development. You will provide leadership and technical expertise in your area.
• You will need to be an exceptional multi-skilled Controls Engineer, with experience of working in multi discipline engineering teams, experience of automotive product design, complex systems integration and the use of advanced technologies.
• Successful history of delivery within the automotive or off highway sectors in passenger car, commercial vehicle or off highway applications, although other sectors are of interest
• Strong experience and technical knowledge of model development, rapid prototyping and auto-coding, specifically using the Mathworks toolset
• Experience of creating, integrating and testing embedded automotive software, using industry standards. ISO 26262 software development desirable
• Experience working with a range of communication systems (CAN, Ethernet).
• Experience of HiL/SiL development and prototype vehicle/engine build up and managing issue resolution.
• Knowledge of Diesel engine control system theory and development is desirable.
• You will be degree educated or significant equivalent experience or qualifications.
• Excellent communicator with the ability to lead the resolution of business, technical and process issues as they arise.
• Knowledge of change control, product definition and change management processes will also prove invaluable.
Knowledge / Experience
• Degree in Electronics/Electrical, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Software or Automotive Engineering.
• Able to anticipate, translate and develop customer requirements into tangible feature developments
• Understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers)
• Understanding of engine control related aspects of engine subsystems ( eg fuel, air system, after treatment)
• Able to actively participate in system FMEAs and related validation activities.
• Ability to build relationships and influence customers
• Experience of electronic control system development and the related New Product Introduction processes
• Experience of working directly with development partners
• Experience of communication standards including J1939 datalinks
• Familiarity with dSPACE HiL testers or equivalent
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering processes
• Good collaboration skills with globally diverse team members
• Good technical skills related to Engine performance and Engine Electronic systems
• Problem solving, analysis and decision making – able to quickly evaluate the pros and cons in order to reach the most appropriate technical solution
• Innovation – take a creative approach to forming new product features
• Capable of successfully delivering multiple projects and multiple project streams
• Focus on Quality – uses quality processes to develop robust solutions and minimise defects
• Initiating Action – Identifies issues at an early point and take prompt action to resolve problems
All roles are based in the UK. Please only apply if you have eligibility to work in the UK.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.