|Job Title:||Senior Electrical Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£40,000 - £60,000 + Benefits|
Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
Our client is a leading international automotive powertrain company. As part of their UK expansion and major contract wins, they now require a Senior Electrical Systems Engineer with broad experience of automotive electrical systems and their development for production; particularly e-powertrain solutions and their associated power electronics and energy storage systems
The key functions of the role:
• Deliver and electrically integrate e-powertrain systems and solutions into customer applications, interfacing directly with the customer; representing their interests with the internal team of technical experts and designers.
• Capture, manage and develop customer’s electrical powertrain system requirements, ensuring alignment between internal electrical teams and the customer.
• Liaison with, including travel to, other sites in order to co-ordinate design activities and ensure delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
• Develop client electrical systems and components to the agreed requirements and processes.
• Contribute to system and component-level safety case development, and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
• Plan and action Design Verification and Validation activity at a system and/or vehicle level.
• Build and maintain a strong customer relationship, to facilitate technical interfacing between internal teams and the client.
• Manage interfaces between the electrical systems/components and the rest of the vehicle, liaising with cross-functional teams internally and the customer.
Qualifications / Education / Experience required:
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science related discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years’ demonstrable experience in an automotive or similar engineering environment, with a focus on EV and hybrid vehicle technologies.
• Proven experience of working on automotive e-powertrain systems (such as motors; inverters; batteries/energy storage; power electronics) and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
• Working understanding of automotive HV standards; design methodologies and working practices.
• An appreciation of Functional Safety processes and concepts.
• Verifiable experience in System Specification; Requirements Capture/Management and Design Validation processes.
• Confident user of MS Office products and competent user of industry-standard network tools, e.g. Vector CANalyzer.
• Working understanding of industry-standard calibration tools, e.g. Vector CANape, ETAS INCA.
• Experience of using vehicle diagnostic tools (engineering and service level) and electrical debugging of prototype vehicles.
• Confident at reading vehicle wiring diagrams, and understanding component electrical interfaces, e.g. Device Transmittals; External World Diagrams.
Other beneficial attributes:
• Ability to read electrical component schematics.
• Experience of delivering high-ASIL systems into production applications and a detailed understanding of ISO26262.
• Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink.
• Detailed vehicle networks knowledge (e.g. LIN, CAN, Flexray)
• Competent user of ETAS INCA and/or Vector CANape.
• Knowledge of European languages.
• Excellent attention to detail with good planning skills.
• Strong communicator, capable of interacting with cross-functional teams both internally and externally.
• Highly self-motivated and independent, with a willingness to seek guidance and involve others whenever required.
• Remain focussed under pressure, familiar with working outside their normal comfort zone.
• Proven record of operating in a customer-facing environment.
This is a permanent, long term opportunity with excellent prospects and a very competitive salary for the right candidate. Please forward your CV as a matter of urgency or contact Rob Brunt for further information.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.