|Job Title:||Senior Engineer – Power Station|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Contract (FTC)|
|Salary:||to £48k depending on experience|
Title: Senior Engineer – Power Station
Accountable to: Engineering Manager
Location: Ascension Islands
Line management responsibility for all maintenance work (Electrical and Mechanical), operational functions and outputs of the Power Station. To ensure reliable and safe operation of all the Station’s plant, equipment and assets, and that these are maintained in a cost-effective and safe manner.
Key Result Areas
Efficient, Reliable and Safe Operation of:
? All Diesel HV Generating Sets.
• Ensure that sufficient power generation capability is available to meet operational needs and customer demands.
? All High Voltage and Low Voltage distribution systems & Equipment.
? The Wind Electric Convertors and associated installations.
• Local point of contact for all matters related to the Wind-farm
? Potable Water Production & Distribution.
• Ensure sufficient Potable Water Production, distribution and water storage to meet demands
• Ensure compliant water quality
? All machinery and equipment which falls under the Power Station’s portfolio.
• This includes domestic electrical appliances assigned by the company and equipment belonging to other organisations under company’s maintenance responsibility.
Direct and be Responsible for all Operational and Maintenance Work on the Station.
? Prepare and develop effective maintenance plans & methods which will ensure that all the Station’s equipment, plant, machinery and other assets are maintained to a standard that enables them to function correctly and reliably.
? Ensure that Technical, Maintenance and Operational work are carried out correctly and efficiently.
? Continually monitor the performance and conditions of Equipment & Machinery; to investigate equipment performance deficiencies and devise solutions to improve reliability.
? Maintain equipment records as required.
? Produce reports on all matters associated with equipment and plant performance, conditions and maintenance requirements including analysis of trends in order to assist the Engineering Manager in planning and budgeting.
? Continually review maintenance methods and implement improvements
? Direct and be Responsible the Control Room Operations of the Power Station:
• Direct and be responsible for the Control Room Shift Team, ensuring delivery on their Ops functions.
• Principally; overview of Power Station Processes, including the wind-farm and support for the Transmitter Site’s unattended transmissions.
Performance Management of Staff under Post-holder’s Responsibility
? Provide coaching and leadership to develop the team.
? Monitor performance and ensure efficient utilisation of staff effort.
? Review staff performance and provide feedback both as a regular function and as part of the Appraisal process
? Ensure all staff have appropriate training and development plans.
? Ensure all staff are trained and equipped to carry out their duties in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner.
Assist in the development and promotion of continual improvements in the Safety, Health & Environmental culture within ARS.
? An adequate knowledge of and compliance with the Health and Safety policy and regulations consistent with your responsibilities
? Set a personal example in Safety compliance through:
• Observing safe working practices as advised and instructed
• Use of tools and equipment and in using Personal Protective equipment provided
• Safety & Health of self and others who may be affected by work activities.
? Ensure that Safety precautions are implemented and Safe Working Practices correctly carried out by all staff under post-holder’s control.
? Report Incidents or Hazards which have led or may lead to injury
? Promote Safe Conduct at work
To assist the Engineering Manager in Technical, Operational, Staffing and Financial matters.
? MOBP budget management and tracking.
? Assist in producing budgetary forecasts by providing estimates of future spending for the maintenance of power station plant and engine maintenance, together with costs of any proposed technical improvements.
? To ensure that holdings of items of technical spares are maintained at agreed and adequate levels to meet foreseeable contingencies
? The Station’s point of reference regarding routine maintenance, fault repair procedures and operational matters.
? Staff performance and appraisal process.
? In the absence of the Engineering Manager to be responsible for all matters affecting Power Station Safety and Security.
• Consistent & Developed Practical Experience of a Power Station’s Operation and Maintenance work. Principally:
? Operation and maintenance of High-Voltage Distribution Systems
? Experience of High Voltage Switching and capable of becoming a HV Authorised Person for the Island Network
? Capable of installation, testing and commissioning of High Voltage and LV Switchgear
? High voltage Power Generation Systems, using large diesel alternators and wind-turbines
? Operation and maintenance of desalination plant using reverse osmosis systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge of safe working practices and safety procedures pertinent to the job functions. Conversant with current H.S.E. legislations.
• Possession of Engineering qualifications e.g. HNC/HND
• Supervisory & Leadership experience of Teams
• Ability to communicate well, verbally and in writing with both internal and external customers.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• IT Competent, particularly in use of Email, Microsoft Word and Excel at Intermediate Level
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work with a degree of autonomy and to use one’s own initiative.
• Willing to work unsociable hours and be on call 24hrs/day.
• Knowledge of the constraints of working in an overseas environment and how to overcome them.
• Possession of a current, full driving licence.
Desirable Qualifications / Experience
• Senior Authorised for H.V. work.
• Capable of major overhaul, testing and commissioning of large, medium speed, bedplate diesel engines.
• Consistent application of Engineering skills & developed experience and knowledge of all repair techniques required for above-mentioned equipment.
• Proven experience in a Power Station environment or sea-going environment.
• Have served a recognised craft apprenticeship or hold appropriate certificates of competency (RN, MN, MOD Army, D of T), or equivalent.
• Qualifications/practical experience in machine workshop, machine tool operation and mechanical workshop practices.
• People Management Experience
• Budgeting and accounts (preparation and control of)
Is open to the possibility that safety can be continuously improved. Willingly supports this and has made a commitment to see it become a reality. Takes accountability for their own safety and the safety of others. Will not ‘walk on by’ when they see something hazardous but takes action and assumes authority for doing the right thing. Isn’t afraid to speak up and challenge unsafe practices.
ABILITY Thoroughly understands the expectations of their role, its responsibilities and working practices and procedures. Has the knowledge, skills and experience to perform their duties effectively and efficiently.
PRODUCTIVITY Output is of an acceptable quality and quantity. Work is completed accurately and within set timescales.
FOCUS Understands the importance of internal and external customers and works towards meeting and exceeding their expectations and requirements. As far as is possible, anticipates issues before they become visible. Thinks ahead to what may become future issues and problems that could damage the perception of companies customer service
RELATIONSHIPS Puts continuous effort into building and maintaining relationships. Accepts conflict as an opportunity to strengthen the relationship. Responds willingly to requests for help and information, where possible. Is honest and open, working collaboratively with others. Keeps stakeholders up to date with activities and progress to maximise trust.
INTERPERSONAL AND INFLUENCING SKILLS Effectively communicates ideas and is able to get their point across with colleagues and customers alike. Behaves in a professional and appropriate way to set the right example in the workplace.
DIVERSITY Is aware of how a diverse workforce benefits the organisation. Behaves in a manner that is accepting and inclusive of all people, adapting style, approach and communication accordingly. Is non-discriminatory and open to changing beliefs and perceptions.
DRIVE Performs tasks to a high standard. Has a ‘can-do’ co-operative style, works hard and likes to get things done. Is motivated by success and finishing what they have started.
IMPROVEMENT Constantly looks to improve ways of working and shares constructive ideas and suggestions to do this. Plans and prioritises workload in order of urgency and importance. Strives to get things right-first-time.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.