|Job Title:||Service Design Architect|
Service Design Architect – Telecoms
Main Responsibilities and Key Deliverables
• Leads the design of Service Management services to support new business development opportunities.
• Provides strategic advice and innovative designs to enable these to be implemented in a cost effective way, whilst minimising the impact on the current service levels and operational teams.
• Deliver one or more service designs to support delivery of a pipeline of approximately £100m change. Contributes to the Design and Costing input for Service Management
• Subject matter expert on Telecoms Service Management solution, making decisions on future service design, and providing advice and guidance to internal and customer teams.
• Understands the impact of changes on relevant aspects of the Contract, and makes recommendations to protect the commercial position.
• Delivers service designs to enable the transition of new services and customers into Service Management operational teams.
• Represents Service Management in engagement with the programme teams, to ensure Service Management’s requirements are included in future designs.
• Assesses the impact of future contractual changes and releases on the Service Management solution. This includes identifying and costing the impact of delivering and maintaining the release, assessing the impact on the current service and service levels, and providing high level designs to meet the change.
• Identifies Service Design Issues. Proposes and agrees the best solution. Documents & agree actions & products to resolve the issues
• A subject matter expert who can represent the Service Management function without the need to consult the relevant operational staff in most situations
• Represents Service Management into the Programme to ensure decisions on scope or timescales are made in the context of the operational impact.
• Deputises for Service Design Lead as required.
Job specific competencies / Experience for the role:
• Service Design. Recognised as an expert in both Service Management contractual and solution design components. Has delivered service designs for complex programmes.
• Process & Requirements Analysis. Exceptional analytical skills to support design of efficient operational processes which meet requirements
• Business & Process Knowledge. Demonstrates a solid understanding of ITIL v3. Demonstrates experience of the operation of business processes, especially those relating to Service Management
• Commercial Awareness. Understanding of the commercial implications of design decisions being made. Cost conscious behaviour.
• Influencing and Stakeholder Management. Strong stakeholder management skills. Able to influence at various levels of the organisation, including stakeholders who are driven by conflicting measures.
• Customer & Supplier Management. Experience of dealing with customer and supplier management teams and handling contractual issues. Has a proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers, with an appreciation of Smart Metering customer needs, trends and developments
Qualifications needed to perform the role at the required level – where professional qualifications are deemed essential these should reflect the minimum required to do the job to an acceptable standard.
Essential for Role
• Extensive relevant Service Management and service operation experience
• Experience of designing large and complex services
• Experience of customer & supplier negotiation and relationship management
• Exceptional analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
• Demonstrable Presentation and Problem solving skills
• Highly effective internal and external stakeholder management skills
• Organised with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Working knowledge of the entire ITIL v3 Lifecycle
• Working knowledge of Prince2 Project Management, experience of contractual change management process
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.