|Job Title:||SHE Manager|
|Sector:||Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain|
To offer best practice and pragmatic Safety, Health and Environment advice to the sites / business units to ensure compliance with stakeholder requirements (Corporate, customer requirements and UK legislation); managing all 3rd party providers of safety, health and environmental services; and maintaining the corporate reporting mechanisms while respecting all reporting timetables.
Advice and Guidance
• Offers best practice advice and practical guidance to all managers on SHE requirements and stakeholder / legislative compliance.
• Stays legally up to date with all current stakeholder requirements and UK SHE legislation.
• Play a proactive role and work closely with the Commercial team in offering guidance on SHE implications for new business opportunities or changes to current business profiles
Prevention of Work Related Accidents and Illnesses
• Analyze statistics relating to work-related accidents and illnesses
• Analyze data on environment and support the Tanaxia submission
• Be visible in promoting the process which Identifies and assesses occupational risks.
• Working with the sites gives guidance on Risk assessments/ aspect and impacts
• Ensures the Risk Assessments are regularly updated and action plans arising from them are carried out.
• Ensures the analysis of “Near Miss” reporting is carried out.
• Assist the local managers with incident investigations. Ensure any actions points arising from investigations are followed up and actioned.
• Ensure the quality of investigation is at the correct level and actively mentor and advise those who cannot obtain this level
• Proactively challenge site management through the use of audits to prevent incident and identify hazards.
• Working with the site champions and the UK HSEQ Manager carry out SMST audits of sites on compliance in accordance with agreed timetable
• Presents the conclusions of audits with practical recommendations for the action plans.
• Follows up regularly the progress on action plans
• Project manage to SHE workshops which monitor action plan compliance.
Co-ordination of Site Committees
• Working with the site managers attend committee meetings as appropriate, ensure actions from the committees are documented, circulated and action planned.
• Offer advice and share best practice from other sites standardizing the approach wherever possible.
• Working with the HR team identify/develop and (where appropriate) deliver training for managers and employees.
• Develop and ensure delivery of a SHE toolbox training program to all supervisory management.
• Ensure new legislation/policies are communicated with guidance for managers
• You must take responsibility for your own safety
• Applies and enforces Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental regulations and processes on a day to day basis
• Make sure where you work is safe and hazard free
• Report ALL accidents and near misses to your Line Manager, however insignificant they may seem
• You have a legal responsibility to work with Management to identify hazards and reduce risk as much as possible in the work place
• Provides positive health and safety leadership
• Ensures all staff within the area of responsibility, have received the required health and safety training to fulfil their role. Allocating adequate resources to enable timely health and safety training to take place
• Agrees specific health and safety objectives with teams, reviewing KPIs and health and safety performance regularly (H&S Meetings)
• Implements action plans and track progress as well as liaises with the health and safety team to ensure legal compliance
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.