|Job Title:||Software Verification Engineer|
|Location:||Coventry & Warwickshire|
|Salary:||£33,000 - £36,000|
A successful applicant will be joining the team as a Software Verification Engineer, and will be responsible for the development of software test frameworks, test plans and test scenarios together with appropriate tools to develop software for the employer as directed. They shall adhere to the applicable medical regulatory and quality standards and good test and verification practices. The individual will also be responsible for developing and debugging code for current projects following the existing processes currently in place.
Working closely across specialties the engineering team is tasked to bring innovative and creative solutions to translate the fundamental physics principles from leading edge university research to reliable and safe medical devices that make a real difference to patients’ lives. You would be working under strong leadership, with the research teams to bring a new technology to market.
All team members must demonstrate the highest professional and personal standards, be flexible and open minded and be willing to be stretched and challenged. Remuneration for the role will reflect this “best in class” attitude and skill set.
Amongst other responsibilities, a successful applicant will be expected to confidently:
– Work alongside other members of the software team to analyse and develop software unit tests.
– Manage the interface with any third party developers and test engineers and ensure that knowledge transfer and documentation is completed to meet company requirements.
– Develop test plan and implement test scenarios to support test driven development to IEC62304.
– Setup, and manage the automated test scripts for the stability of the current application software release.
– Support external testing where applicable.
– Interface and collaborate with external engineering partners as applicable.
– Support knowledge transfer into the company from external research activities.
– Support the development of the employers intellectual property and patent applications.
– Maintain development of technical documentation to a standard required by various medical regulatory and quality standards.
– Provide in house IT support to various users and interface to any outside IT partners as required.
Desirable key skills and personal attributes applicants should possess include:
– An applicable degree level education in a physics, software or engineering based discipline.
– An understanding of good engineering practices in hardware, software and electronic design.
– Understanding of safety critical environment, problem solving and debugging skills.
– Experience in Test development and Integration with Embedded Systems, experience with ARM based processors (STM32, Cortex) is highly desirable.
– Ability to setup test framework for embedded target system is very important.
– A comprehensive understanding of Unit black box and white box testing using commercial off the shelf products (e.g. Cantata, LDRA, CUNIT etc.).
– Experience of embedded operating systems particularly Windows CE and Windows. Linux, QNX, VxWorks is also considered.
– At least 3 years of experience of software test development within safety critical embedded systems, with a good working knowledge of developing and testing code using C.
– Experience of programming in Visual Studio.
– Knowledge of static and dynamic analysis, requirement traceability and use of MISRA C is very desirable.
– Ability to provide technical test plan and to use UML.
– Able to develop and use automated test tools using Shell script/Python or PERL.
– Experience of verification and validation phases within V-Model plan.
– Experience of RDBMS and SQL is desirable.
– Must be comfortable working in a small flexible and dynamic team.
– Prior experience of engineering work supporting or developing devices in the medical environment would be desirable such as:
– Working within a quality system such as ISO 13485 or equivalent.
– Testing medical software to IEC 62304 or safety critical software to IEC 61508.
– Testing using COTS (e.g. Enterprise Architect, Vector Cast).
– Using Software Configuration Management Tools (e.g. ClearCase, Perforce and SVN), a working understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
Must have a current and valid UK / European driving licence.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.