|Job Title:||Technical Specialist|
We currently seek to recruit an Internal Technical Specialist within Distribution and Engineering based in Norwich.
This is a key internal based role providing technical support, product selection and price & delivery for Service Centre’s, Field Sales and Customers within a geographical territory for Product Business Unit product ranges.
What the role involves:
• Demonstrate a pro-active approach to developing sales, through actively following up quotes and promoting sales of core products.
• Answer calls and ask relevant questions to determine customer requirements.
• Identify products by dimensions, part numbers, key components and functional information.
• Offer solutions for standard range catalogue products or escalate to PBU/FAE.
• Sourcing guidance to Service Centre’s.
• Cross referencing of standard range products.
• Understand product features & benefits and offer cross sell & upsell opportunities in accordance with Product Market Combinations.
• Works closely with the Application Engineer/Regional Planner/PBU/Suppliers/Other Anchor Points.
• Maintain shared data files with PBU.
• Attend central product/commercial/system/process training – consistent approach across all anchor points.
• Produce monthly KPI’s in-line with PBU, specifically number of quotations, value, conversion rate, high value.
• Manage the £xx – £xx pricing enquiries.
• Assist with product knowledge transfer to new employee’s and peers, keeping current with market & technology trends to support self-development.
• Support regional/PBU initiatives and campaign activity.
• Comply with policies and procedures, legal obligations and Health & Safety requirements.
• Uphold and promote SHV Values & Philosophy.
• About You
• A proven background in distribution, industrial or engineering arena.
• Good understanding of engineering applications, techniques and terminology.
Enterprising and Performing
• Identifies business opportunities for the organisation
• Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
• Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends
• Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence
Analysing and Interpreting
• Uses technology to achieve work objectives
• (Avoids the unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language)
• Shares expertise and knowledge with others
• Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem
• Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis
• Produces workable solutions to a range of problems
• Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of much larger system
• Structures information to meet the needs and understanding of the intended audience
• Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships
Organising and Executing
• Manages time effectively
• Identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks
• Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones
• Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
• Sets high standards, monitors and maintains quality, quantity and productivity
• Demonstrates commitment to the organisation
• Works in a systematic, methodical & orderly way
Creating and Conceptualising
• Gathers comprehensive information to support decision making
• Demonstrates a rapid understanding of newly presented information
• Manages knowledge (collects, classifies, and disseminates knowledge of use to the organisation)
• Produces new ideas, approaches or insights
Interacting and Presenting
• Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
• Makes a strong personal impression on others
• Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
• Establishes good relationships with customers and staff
• Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organisation
• Speaks clearly & fluently
• Projects credibility
Adapting and Coping
• Works productively in a high-pressure environment
• Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations
• Maintains positive outlook at work
• Accepts new ideas and change initiatives
• Handles criticism well and learns from it
• Grade A* – C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
• Higher Education in Engineering is preferred.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to develop in a stimulating and dynamic environment.
Our employees are trained and developed to not only improve their skills but to ensure their personal progression matches our corporate objectives.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.