|Job Title:||Telecoms Surveyor|
Main Purpose of the Role
To provide a professional service advising land and property owners in relation to telecommunications leases, negotiating deals and generally assisting as part of the Telecoms Team.
• Conduct reviews of telecoms leases, recording terms on the comparable database.
• Analysing the legal and practical issues with the site and formulating the appropriate advice to the client.
• Understanding the client’s requirements and objectives, assisting where necessary to manage expectations and to provide practical and accurate advice accordingly on the full range of relevant issues.
• Engage with the tenant and their representatives to negotiate terms in accordance with the client’s objectives and instructions.
• Make recommendations as appropriate to the client and seek agreement to terms, instructing solicitors and monitoring and supervising through to completion of legal agreements.
• Production of briefings and development of products and services for use internally within the business by other professionals.
• Management of sites and reporting regularly to the client on all relevant matters and managements issues.
• Provide support to the Telecoms Team and to the wider Land Management Department.
Key Skills & Behaviours Required
•A positive attitude to business development and growth of the team and the workload.
•An ability to identify business opportunities and to successfully pursue them.
•Willingness to undertake the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence if required.
•Must possess a composed manner in order to be able to work under pressure, managing and prioritising workloads.
•Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships and to counsel and advise them on technical matters.
•Flexible approach to work and hours undertaken.
•Ability to meet deadlines.
•Excellent planning, organisational and co-ordination skills
•Excel to advanced level.
•Outlook to advanced level.
•Awareness of CRM Databases and Yammer, coupled with a willingness to gain operational skills for these systems and other internal S&P systems.
•An ability to accurately record time spent on projects.
•Accuracy and attention to detail.
•Good English language and communication skills
•An understanding of confidentiality issues and the use of discretion.
•Must be capable of building and maintaining good relationships with team members, colleagues and suppliers.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.