|Job Title:||Application Specialist – Network Management OSS/NM|
|Location:||Flexibile Working Location|
• To work within a customer facing project team to deliver and support OSS/NMS application solutions for business transition, transformation and business as usual activities
• Initial focus will be on delivery of a network utilisation/performance monitoring solution component in support of a broader ITIL based OSS/NMS solution.
• To support the product/application selection and architecture development processes
• To manage 3rd party suppliers including technical liaison, technical compliance, inter-dependencies between suppliers, testing, scoping of support contracts and transfer into operations
• End to end responsibilty for the specification, design, configuration and deployment of the solutions, including all documentation, statements of work, process maps, handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations.
• To ensure that the solutions include the requirements of other in scope deliverable areas such as Service Management Systems (SMS), Configuration Management Databases (CMDB) and that the solutions are fully integrated with these areas
• Be the subject matter expert for the network utilisation/performance monitoring solution within the OSS/NMS application portfolio used by the client.
• To provide 3rd line technical support as required for application faults.
• Develop technical specifications for the OSS/NMS system architectures.
• Be responsible for design, implementation, integration, and supporting documentation.
• Undertake application and database configuration
• Managing the FAT/SAT, system and integration testing processes.
• Providing OSS/NMS applications support along with interfaces to other systems and reporting.
• Liaise with software vendors where necessary and apply or oversee relevant OSS/NMS software updates and patches.
• Monitor performance and efficiency of applications and instigate modifications and improvements where necessary as part of a continuous service improvement process.
• Provide advice to network monitoring engineers, service managers and operations managers on how to operate and get the best from the applications
• Resolve technical queries
• Ensure required end user training on the OSS/NMS platforms is provided.
• Ensure that the OSS/NMS applications and major upgrades pass any FAT/SAT processes
• Be responsible for the creation and maintenance of all OSS/NMS system documentation.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
• Previous experience of delivering successful OSS/NMS projects and services within a customer facing orgainsation.
• Demonstrate experience in toolsets such as HPE TeMIP, Sysmech Zen, EMC Smarts, IBM Proviso, Netcool, Solarwinds and HP Network Node Manager.
• Experience of implementing and supporting OSS/NMS applications and integration with Service Management tools such as BMC Remedy and asset management systems/CMDB.
• Creation of clear and concise technical specifications.
• Creation of architecture and design documentation.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
• A computing or technical degree, or equivalent experience
• Excellent communication skills for completing documentation and communicate effectively.
• Strong technical knowledge across all components of applications technology.
• Technical accreditations demonstrating expertise in relevant NMS toolsets
• Strong investigative and problem solving skills.
• Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure and application platforms and operating systems.
• Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
• Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
• Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
• Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
• Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.