|Job Title:||Application Support Engineer|
Highways England have awarded our client the contract for the operation and management of NRTS (National Roads Telecommunication Services), a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400-mile strategic road network. This contract will provide an end-to-end managed service to build, maintain, and modernise the network.
To work within a customer facing project team to provide application support for business transition, transformation and business as usual activities
To support the Implementation of MobileReach Field application
To manage 3rd party suppliers including specification of requirements, technical liaison, technical compliance, inter-dependencies between suppliers, testing, scoping of support contracts and transfer into operations
End to end responsibility for the specification, design, configuration and deployment of the Mobile solutions, including all technical documentation, statements of work, process maps handbooks, user guides, training and successful transfer into operations.
To ensure that the solutions include the requirements of other in scope deliverable areas and that the solutions are fully integrated with the other deliverable areas
To develop a strong understanding of the application portfolio used within the operational environment especially MobileReach
To provide advice, support, training and guidance in using applications
Resolve technical queries
Configure applications and mobile devices to support requirements
Support the testing of new applications and upgrades
Closely liaise with our 3rd party suppliers to enable delivery of solution
Manage and track the resolution of issues
Troubleshoot faults ensuring timely resolution of problems
Develop and maintain user documentation
What we are looking for from you:
• Previous experience of providing application support within an operational environment
• Experience of implementing and supporting applications in one fo the following domains:
• Business (including document management, collaboration and reporting),
• Service management
• Network management
• To demonstrate an active interest in keeping an up to date knowledge of applications.
• Experience of supporting Field Engineer applications
• Creation of clear and concise user documents Information Systems degree or equivalent
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of ITIL processes
• Understanding of business processes and how applications support these processes
• Capability to build up a good working knowledge of the application portfolio supported
• Mobile field application Support
• MobileReach Experience
• Team working to consolidate knowledge, requirements and solutions to deliver the best team result.
• Analytical and creative ability to develop logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Self-motivated and results orientated to see complex problems through to a solution.
• Able to relate to end users, business managers, developers, and other team members.
• Ability to adapt to new circumstances, work under time pressure, learn quickly and capture requirements rapidly
• Maintain a flexible attitude to the tasks assigned
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.