|Job Title:||Azure Engineer|
An Azure Engineer is required to design and build an Azure environment to host a .NET / SQL Server web application.
Tasks will include:
• Design the hosting environment based on requirements, notable around security, authentication, sizing, availability, resilience, monitoring and alerting;
• Build a costing model of the environment, looking for appropriate cost-savings;
• Script the building of the environment using Powershell;
• Script the automated deployment of the application to the environment, including handling new application releases;
• Script data loads into the Azure SQL database;
• Maintain scripts as the project evolves, retaining all scripts under version control;
• Administer the Azure environments in use by the project, ensuring environments are built to a configuration as required by the project team;
• Assist, as required, with the security assurance and accreditation of the environment;
• Assist, as required, with acceptance-into-service of the environment;
• Pro-actively engage with the application supplier to inform and plan work;
• Support and mentor other team members, as required.
Core skills requirements:
• Good knowledge of Azure, especially:
o Azure SQL
o Azure Web Apps
o Azure AD
• PowerShell scripting
• Good security awareness
• Proactive team-player with good verbal and written communication.
• Oracle database and PL/SQL (desirable)
The ideal candidate should be in possession of SC clearance
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.