Desktop Engineer – Bury St Edmonds – 3 Month Contract with possibility to extend
Desktop Engineer providing desktop support services including hardware & software break fix; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks. Analyses system’s needs, troubleshoots problems. Provides user support, new hire system set ups and desktop/laptop software evaluations. Deployment of updates/roll-outs in a NHS environment. This exciting opportunity is for 3 months but could be extended and is to start as soon as possible
• Provide advanced support for Desktop PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones devices that include the interface to server based components to deliver in-house repairs directly or through liaison with suppliers.
• Working to dedicated deadlines meeting response and fix targets.
• Support the deployment of Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems providing connectivity for required Trust owned and “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) equipment
• Communicates with internal staff and external agencies to ensure compliance with engineering performance targets and project delivery objectives
Experience & Knowledge
• Experience within VMWare, ability find software patches
• Windows Operating Systems (7, 8, 8.1 and 10)
• Hold a strong understanding of Desktop, Laptop and both Apple and Android devises.
• Ability to find software patches, drivers and guidance online.
• Excellent telephone, face to face and written communication skills
Education & Qualification
• NVQ3 or A-Level Education or equivalent experience
• Recognised IT Qualifications such as CompTia A+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), MCSA or equivalent