Business Development Manager – Derby and Home – £40K with £80K OTE (Uncapped)
The BDM will focus on finding new customers in the UK, European and Middle East regions, with the objective of maximising and growing established revenue streams within the core vertical sectors, and for the negotiating and securing of contracts for the installation, commissioning and maintenance of a range of Telemetry solutions.
As a result the individual will play a key role in building and cultivating relationships, to create opportunities, and generate new revenue growth within the region and sector.
• Identification and development of new business within the four key vertical sectors, to deliver DMR and In-Vehicle solutions to businesses for the region.
• Management and administration of sales pipeline in line with company policy and procedures principally through accurate and routine use of Salesforce
• Accurate forecasting of opportunities both in value and close date, to at least 70% measured on a month by month and year to date basis where any opportunity that is either lost, deferred or moves out of a previous forecast period is counted as inaccurate in the month in which measured. Measurement will be made by value and number of opportunities
• Active account and relationship management such that all accounts are regularly reviewed and regular contact is maintained with all decision makers and stakeholders with face to face customer visits of not less than three monthly frequency
• Produce, manage and maintain tailored documentation including P&L’s in response to request for pre qualifications, proposals, quotations and tenders, using approved processes and support from the Bid Department
• Deliver sales training, new product training and act as 1st point of contact for all sales support enquiries
• Work with the marketing department, feeding back market intelligence and identifying opportunities to create competitive advantage through pricing, product positioning, PR, case studies, white papers etc. Provide support and input to the development of marketing activity aimed at your target markets
• Focused on establishing & building multi-level relationships with the objective of growing the account base & identifying new opportunities to grow customer loyalty
• Ability to understand the customers business, the market place they operate within, their products & services key markets, customers & competitors
• Must establish business drivers & initiatives and understand the customer’s critical success factors
• Ability to build virtual teams of resource within the company to deliver clearly set customer expectations. Act as the customers advocate achieving mutually profitable relationships between our organisations
• Comply with company & local standards, procedures & protocols with specific responsibility for performance to sales key performance indicators. Including the timely and accurate updating and maintenance of the company Relationship Management Database, Scotsman and Sales Reports.
• Experience of selling into the telecommunications sector
• Experience with HSQ and OSI SCADA systems
• Familiarity with NERC, SCADA Standards and Regulations
• Experience of selling DMR Tier II and Tier III solutions
• Knowledge of In-Vehicle solutions also advantageous
• Proven success in your sales ability and demonstrable full knowledge of the sales process
• Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
• Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises
• Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
My client provides complete wireless solutions from initial consultancy, through system design, project delivery to ongoing operational support, ensuring that organisations can transmit mission-critical voice and data smartly and securely, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. My clients networks are among the world’s biggest, keeping devices connected across borders and on the move, in some of the industry’s most challenging environments.