|Job Title:||Cable Surveyors|
|Salary:||£27,000 + Van|
Highways England have awarded our client the contract for the operation and management of NRTS (National Roads Telecommunication Services), a critical component of national infrastructure supporting the country’s 4,400-mile strategic road network. This contract will provide an end-to-end managed service to build, maintain, and modernise the network.
Cable locating using cable detection equipment;
• Attending cable breaks and repair breaks on copper and fibre cables to keep the network working;
• Undertaking manual work including manual trenching cable laying etc…;
• Working nights & weekends if required on callout. (This is part of any agreed shift pattern);
• Working away from their home area, where reimbursement for accommodation etc… will be in accordance with the company policies and procedures (This may be part of any shift pattern, and may be required from time to time);
• Undertaking general Maintenance of equipment
• Ensure all maintenance of equipment is completed to the correct standard then delivered on time and to budget;
• Work on any contracts as directed;
• To complete all aspects of Maintenance work to the required standard;
• Work overtime or callout when the contract requires;
• Completion of all the associated documentation required as part of the task, on time;
• Production of detailed reports when required;
• Prepared to positively participate in all training relevant to the position;
• Ensure that all work undertaken is done in accordance with QEHS processes.
• Will report any QEHS issue to their QEHS representative, Senior Engineer / Maintenance Manager
• Will raise issues at regular meetings with Senior Engineer / Maintenance Manager
What we are looking for from you:
• Experience of cable locating equipment ;
• Experience working roadside, in cabinets and chambers;
• Experience of working with fibre optics
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.