|Job Title:||Chief Engineer – Powertrain Implementation|
|Salary:||up to £80,000 + excellent pension + benefits|
Job Title: Chief Engineer – Implementation
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Salary: c. £60K to £80K + excellent pension + benefits
Our client is a leading international automotive powertrain company who are enjoying considerable expansion and major contract wins. Due to growth, they now require a Chief Engineer to join the business. The role requires a broad experience of automotive powertrain design and production, as well as experience in interfacing at senior level with customers and group level.
• Technical lead for key customer projects.
• Management and coordination of the project technical team to ensure products are delivered at a cost, quality and time appropriate for the application, with a key focus on productionisation, manufacture and product delivery.
• Senior level interface with customers, suppliers and other partners.
• Key decision maker helping to define and implement direction to ensure project success.
• Technical reporting at Board level, both internally and externally to provide clear, factual and concise project status.
• Liaise with other sites to co-ordinate design and product implementation activities and ensure their delivery is in line with the programme requirements.
• Lead system and component-level safety case development and follow industry standard techniques to ensure a robust design, e.g. FMEA.
• Build and maintain a strong customer relationship, to facilitate technical interfacing between internal teams and the client.
Skills / Experience Required
• Must have significant experience of transmission design into production, preferably at a Tier One.
• Extensive and demonstrable experience in an automotive transmission production environment.
• Ability to deep dive and to provide direction and resolution to technical powertrain issues.
• Proven, senior level experience in design and production of advanced powertrain systems for production.
• Experience of working on automotive transmission systems and understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle.
• Experience leading the integration of multiple complex projects requiring interaction with multiple suppliers, customers and production.
• Detailed technical knowledge of transmission / powertrain systems and associated development cycles.
• Personable and confident leader with the ability to inspire and lead a world class team.
• Excellent attention to detail with good planning skills.
• Strong communicator, capable of interacting at a senior level both internally and externally.
• Highly self-motivated and independent.
• Ability to remain focussed under pressure.
Please contact Rob Brunt on 01926 487482 or forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.