|Job Title:||Civils Manager|
Reporting to the Operations Director, this role will be responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting on the onsite delivery of the civils infrastructure for both radio and fibre-based telecoms network deployment projects nationally. The Civils Manager will ensure that all site operations are carried out on time, to specification, to budget and to industry quality and best practice standards. The role also requires managing full compliance with current Health and Safety and Environmental guidelines and regulations.
• Ensure monitor and manage effective site operations and coordination of works compliant to NRSWA, where required, and Health & Safety requirements.
• Ensure all work on site is carried out to adequate standards as stated in contractual specifications, agreements with landowners and their representatives and industry best practice by conducting regular on-site audits.
• The role reports to the Operations Director, but has significant dotted line day to day interaction and reporting with the project managers, site acquisition teams and the regional service managers
• Maintain productivity objectives as set by the Operations Director
• Co-ordinate, capture and present the financial sign off for the completed works to project managers.
• Update daily/weekly reports and review against the project delivery milestones. Highlighting any risks that may have arisen to the project managers and the regional service managers
• Ensure all post-installation/as-built documents are completed and checked in accordance with the conditions of the project.
• Ensure all customer documentation is completed and checked in accordance with client requirements.
• Consult with the Highways Department, Local Authorities and other Utilities companies to facilitate and coordinate civil works where required to fulfil the project delivery milestones.
• Ensure all site-specific method statements/risk assessments are in place and civils teams are fully conversant and compliant
• Public liaison duties will be required either as part of planned work or in supporting survey and site acquisition teams if required
• Continually evaluate resources, equipment, techniques and lessons learned and provide feedback and proposals to the Operations Director to improve the ongoing overall efficiency of civils operations
• Remain current with all Health and Safety, environmental and civils regulation through accredited training and attendance at industry related events.
• Be and active member of cross functional operational/ project improvement/ change teams.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Utilities supervisory experience, ideally with significant experience in telecoms networks
• Conversant in current Health and Safety and Environmental regulations pertaining to civils and utilities operations
• OSP Telecoms network installation
• Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
• Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Understanding of the New Roads & Street works Act 1991(NRSWA)
• Full Clean Driving Licence
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
• Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 foundation
• Civil Engineering qualifications
• CSCS Construction Site Supervisor Card
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.