|Job Title:||Commercial Contracts Manager|
The Commercial Contracts Manager will be responsible for global sub-contractor identification, selection and evaluation (covering the managed services and project business), establishing/on-boarding new sub-contractors into the local markets to ensure operational readiness. The role is also responsible for evaluating sub-contractor capacity against target plans, planning the delivery of any specific training to meet customer scopes of work and for specifying, agreeing and measuring Key Performance Indicators/Service Level Agreement performance on a regular basis and SHEQ compliance.
The Commercial Contracts Manager will work closely with Procurement/Commercial on closing contractual agreements to drive the optimum cost/service model. Additionally, the Sub-Contractor Manager will support the Sales and Business Development organisation in their understanding of applicable sub-contractor costs and capabilities when responding to bids and opportunities.
The Commercial Contracts Manager will also work as the single point of contact for operational sub-contractor issues and escalations in association with the local operational lead.
The Commercial Contracts Manager identification, selection and on-boarding:
• Identify suitable sub-contractors on an ongoing basis to support the operational needs of the business;
• Carry out general evaluation of sub-contractor, based on but not limited to financial performance, capacity and experience, H&S track record and quality performance;
• Produce and maintain sub-contractor service requirements documentation (based on customer requirements), including Scope of Work (SoW), specifications, MOPs, acceptance procedures/handover documentation, H&S/quality requirements;
• Ensure the sub-contractors are “operationally ready” to deliver services. Work with relevant teams to implement tools and processes to transpose services sold into services delivered; this includes but is not limited to project inductions, training/accreditation, Operations manuals/handover packs, delivery enablers (access, keys), H&S induction (including H&S Process, PPE, Training Records review), H&S audit (OHSAS18001 or equivalent), resulting in a professional handover to Operations;
The Commercial Contracts Manager Training & Certification:
• Oversee the induction of new subcontractors and manage required certification through the process;
• Maintain up to date “Qualified Persons List” (QPL) and ensure this is always available to the resourcing team
• Collect and maintain a forecast for all sub-contractor activities related to Projects and Managed Services;
• Plan appropriate sub-contractor capacity/resourcing availability with the Projects/Operations teams; Support Project Managers/SDMs/Portfolio Managers/Operations Managers in the sub-contractor assignment strategy based on price, quality and sub-contractor skills;
• Co-ordinate the demand requirement and plans from Projects and provide sub-contractors with the current view on forecasts during ORMs;
• Manage the sub-contractor governance process;
• Chair and minute the regular Operational Review Meetings (ORM), monitor actions and drive continuous improvements;
• Report financial health and invoicing/payment of all sub-contractors; ensure that purchase order cover is in place for all sub-contracted works;
• Monitor and improve sub-contractor services, based on feedback from Quality audits;
• Support and manage/resolve escalations towards and from the sub-contractors;
• Manage sub-contractor phase out/exit process, if required;
Health & Safety:
• Evaluate and monitor sub-contractors’ Health & Safety track records and management;
• Ensure appropriate action is taken where and when non-conformances occur;
Principal Accountabilities/Objectives: General
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all sub-contractor partners;
• Support Commercial/Procurement in the contract and price negotiation, as required;
• Support Sales and Business Development in the timely preparation of accurate customer bids and offers involving the use of sub-contractor resources;
• Participate in new business opportunities which involve sub-contractor delivery in order to integrate into the forecast.
• Has broad telecoms experience across multiple technologies;
• Proven track record of managing sub-contractor resources;
• Demonstrable commercial and financial awareness;
• International experience in managing teams/stakeholders an advantage;
• Proven track record of delivering critical services;
• Must be an excellent communicator and ‘networker’, with the ability to work with, and be respected by both sub-contractors and internal operational units;
• Ability to very quickly translate quotes and scopes to operational requirements;
• Excellent presentation skills and self-assured in contact with customers and internal resources;
• A self-starter, requiring little or no supervision with a positive attitude and outlook;
• Ability to take ownership of an issue and see things through to the end;
• Ability to prioritise and co-ordinate many activities simultaneously;
• PC literate, especially Microsoft Office suite;
• Trustworthy and honest;
• Full EU Driving licence essential.
• Degree or equivalent education (training and/or experience);
• British Safety Council Level 2 Risk Assessment.
• Predominantly sub-contractor/supplier facing with a high degree of engagement with customers on a face to face basis;
• National and International travel will be required.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.