|Job Title:||Contracts Coordinator|
We have an exciting opportunity available for Contract Co-ordinator to join a team in Crawley – You will be reporting to the Contract Support Manager and will be ensuring the effective back office running of the local service team. Your contribution to the team will help us to improve our customer relationships and will keep traffic flowing!
• Helping to keep traffic moving we have been delivering intelligent traffic solutions and network maintenance for over 30 years. Transport for London, Highways England and many local authorities use our services for monitoring and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all keeping road users safe.
What will you be responsible for?
• You will be assisting in the deployment of the engineering resources for Traffic Signal Maintenance contracts across Southern England, and ensuring that Service Level Agreements are achieved.
• General administration duties and production of supporting QEHS documentation.
• Supporting the contract management team in their duties.
• Assist with producing monthly reports and continual monitoring of performance again the reactive and planned elements of the contracts.
• Liaise with customer on any enquiries or requests for information.
• Provide costs for any works outside of the “fixed price” element and agree with the customers.
• Liaise with sub-contractors.
• Provide administration support to include ordering, reporting on timesheets, archiving and any other ad-hoc duties as required
• Produce the contract files for all new schemes and enter data into the management systems.
• General administration support to the operational managers.
What experience/behaviours are we looking for?
• Experience of working in an “operational”, service or construction environment is desirable.
• Wide ranging general administration knowledge
• Experience of completing documentation and producing information packs for job packs.
• Working on computerised business management systems – Oracle is desired.
• Used to liaising with internal employees and external customers / contractors.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
• Work well as part of team but equally can work on own.
• Remain calm under pressure or when busy.
• Positive “can do” attitude.
• Excellent organisational skills
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.