• Managing the customer relationships and service management activities for service accounts.
• Acting as the customer advocate; taking the overall lead for the performance of our service accounts, driving a culture of continuous improvement across the service delivery team, and identifying growth and develop opportunities for each account.
• Responsible for co-ordinating and aligning the service strategy in line with account and market requirements.
• Providing overall governance and ownership for all aspect of each account, ensuring a credible delivery plan is in place and consistently meets customer requirements.
• Meeting or exceeding all customer requirements, ensuring a “can do” proactive and innovative approach to delivering excellent services to customers.
• Meeting or exceeding budget/tendered financial performance including sales, profitability and cash flow.
• Managing commercial risks and liabilities.
• Identifying opportunities and additional revenue from customers, either through contract variations or new orders, and delivering these opportunities, working with colleagues including sales as appropriate.
• Managing service and commercial escalations on behalf of the customer.
• Ensuring the successful delivery of contracted services to assigned contracts against financial and operational targets.
• Overseeing the management of the assigned contract P&Ls, ensuring monthly contract reviews take place where appropriate.
• Ensuring that forecasts are accurate, and costs are managed effectively.
• Reporting on the financial performance of assigned contracts.
• Overseeing the management of all SLA performance data ensuring a continuous and real time review and improvement process is in place and followed by the team, ensuring that root cause of failure analysis and SLA mitigations are carried out.
• Overseeing service improvement initiatives where necessary and in the most cost-effective way.
• Working with the various delivery managers to ensure contractual requirements, SLA’s, KPI’s are met cost effectively.
• Working with the Commercial Team to formalise and resolve any commercial issues, identifying out of scope works and recovering costs as appropriate.
• Provide support to the Service Design, Pre-Sales and Bidding team where appropriate.
• Oversee the management of contract changes and mobilisation of new products or services as required.
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
• Experience in service management, particularly in managed service contracts, with complex or challenging accounts.
• Managing teams and internal and external stakeholders.
• Management and customer reporting.
• Tendering and bidding for new work from customers.
• Managing customer relationships.
• Managing profit and loss accounts, including forecasting and budgeting.
• Customer facing and presentation skills.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
• Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience.
• Works within the parameters of the company behaviours of Service, Commitment and Value.
• Maintains a high level of customer focus.
• Actively tries to find out how the service to customers can be improved.
• Owns problems and taking responsibility for solving them.
• Contributes to continuous improvement.
• Constantly searching for fresh approaches and improvements to the business.
• Delivers work in a professional manner on or ahead of time without compromise.
• Commits to the challenge of stretching targets.
• Organised and financially conscious.
• Is aware of expenditure and seeks to minimise costs to the business and customer.
• Strong customer focus.
• Excellent leadership skills and able to work across the business leading virtual and matrix teams.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Take innovative approach to problem solving.
• Proactive and urgent approach to responding to customer requirements and resolving issues affecting the service delivered to customers.
• Does not need to be a technical expert but needs to be able to grasp technical/engineering issues and understand their impact on the service being delivered to customers.