Role: Controls Engineer
Location: Woking, UK
Hours: Standard working hours, Monday – Friday
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum + benefits
Our globally recognized Engineering Consultancy is expanding to support the growing number of projects here in the UK and as a result is looking for suitably experienced Controls Engineers to strengthen our highly motivated teams at multiple locations.
We offer a complete range of engineering services, providing support across the globe customers in the design, analysis, prototyping, powertrain and transmission development, as well as vehicle integration, calibration and homologation for advanced internal combustion gasoline, diesel, and alternative-fueled powertrains.
As a development partner to many vehicle manufacturers we value customer orientation, technical expertise, initiative and the ability to work independently and to integrate in project delivery teams. Successful candidates will show a focus on the quality of their work and a methodological approach to execute tasks.
• Working on various projects ranging from one-off concept vehicles through to complete multi-platform and multi-application production programmes
• Specification and development of powertrain control systems and components including interfaces and integration with other vehicle systems for prototype and/or production solutions
• Close liaison with customer teams, including; control software development, Hardware-in-the-Loop (HiL) and vehicle-based testing, targeting prototype and production build phases
• Management of plans and processes integrating with customer and third-party suppliers
• Direct accountability to local customer managers
• Strong understanding of multiple automotive systems functionality and features
• Strong knowledge of vehicle-based control and electrical systems
• Good knowledge of powertrain systems and component key indicators and analysis for performance definition and assessment
• Good knowledge of model-based software development
• Knowledge of control systems engineering, especially requirements management and functional testing
• Creation of specifications for own tasks, colleagues and external teams
• Ability to present clear and concise technical information
• Strong team player with ability to flex and adapt to support colleagues
• Knowledge of manual coded embedded software as advantage
• Degree in engineering (either controls, software and/or systems engineering)
• Several years’ experience of automotive systems and/or components