|Job Title:||Customer Delivery Manager – Fibre|
|Salary:||£50,000 - £55,000|
Manage the delivery for a portfolio of clients and projects across local and regional partners operating in both the public and private sectors in multiple cities.
– Lead the delivery of client projects as the main delivery interface on behalf of our client into partners and clients across a range of locations.
– Develop a strong understanding of client contracts across the scope of delivery, commercial milestones, billing arrangements and any associated financial penalties that may be applicable.
– Work with partners to establish Project Kick off ensuring the necessary support from client and internal team members.
– Lead the planning, delivery and execution of all specific client communication throughout the delivery life-cycle. Should include plan for regular meetings/calls and reporting.
– Establish, manage and reporting of project Highlights, Risks and Issues throughout the projects life-cycle both internally (within a matrix environment) to the clients management team and client stakeholders.
Internal & External
– Field Services & Build Team
– Network planning Team
– Regional Sales & Marketing Team
– Finance Team
Knowledge and Experience:
– Strong delivery experience gained within a telecoms environment.
– Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to multi-millions.
– Strong leadership skills and ability to set good examples to others.
– Excellent presentations skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
– Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
– Good technical understanding of telecoms WAN technology and fibre optic networks.
– Knowledge of site based construction activities e.g. utilities, civil engineering.
– Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act (NRSWA) and process.
– Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce
– Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
– Technical qualifications
– Ability to travel around the region
– Excellent written and verbal skills
– Creative and strategic thinking
– Effective organisational skills
– Ability to build strong working relationships
– Resourceful and confident
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.