|Job Title:||Delivery Manager – Fibre|
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• A champion of Quality and H&S, promoting and managing excellence in SHEQ practices across the company and its contractors, to ensure high standards are maintained.
• Accountable for all build related data in SalesForce, GIS, DepotNet and any other relevant system
• Accountable for contractor delivery to time, cost and quality (SDU and MDU)
• Accountable for end to end delivery of the build in a city
• Act as Point of Contact for escalations for all matters contractual related and liaison into Procurement
• Run governance meetings to ensure ongoing control
• Deliver projects on time (as defined by the PMO) and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
• Direct management responsibility for the Construction management team and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
• Engagement with Central Design on build order and local information
• Ensure all completion documentation and As Built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and that it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
• Identify and deliver opportunities for cost saving synergies across the delivery team
• Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers (including mobilisation) and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI’s, technical specifications, cost targets and system usage are adhered to and met.
• Management of multiple work streams for deploying FTTH, FTTP and Metro network.
• Provide information to the PM to be able to monitor, report and escalate issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
• Own city budget and track spend to budget
• Own relationship with Highways in local council and work with City Manager on overall council engagement
• Responsibility as contractual Project Manager (or other equivalent title) in the operation of the Contract in place with all suppliers.
• Review Business connection pipeline for the city and working with the regional Service Operations team to identify the priorities.
• Through a close working relationship with Contract Management (Procurement) ensure the completion of KPI measurement and productivity metrics to a regular prescribe timetable and formal notification.
• Work with MDU team and MDU contractors to minimise number of LOC properties
• FTTH, FTTP and Metro Delivery team; PMO; Systems & Development; Architecture & Engineering; Field Services team; Service Operations team; Network Planning; Sales / Marketing teams; Streetworks Manager; Finance; Supply Chain/Procurement; Contractor Management; Delivery Manager; City Manager; Cost Accountant
• Clients; Local Authority/Highways Agency; Contractors/Suppliers
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £20M.
• Strong telecoms/IT Service Management experience to a global client
• Effective leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
• Proven delivery management experience gained within a telecoms environment
• Established track record in delivering large multi-site client projects.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good examples and motivate others
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to executive level clients and stakeholders.
• Thorough understanding of contract management and reporting against KPIs
• Strong financial understanding and budget management experience
• Effective management of client relationships to execute
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
• Commercial Awareness – understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
• Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract.
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
• Degree Level or 7 years’ Project Management experience gained within a telecom’s environment.
• Full Clean Driving Licence.
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Civil Engineering qualifications
• Fibre Optic qualifications
• Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
• Good local knowledge and existing relationships
• Telecoms market experience
• Experience in similar local market driven businesses (cable, other utilities etc)
• Proven ability to identify and action “add on” sale opportunities.
• Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.