|Job Title:||Electrical Maintenance Engineer|
• Set out and deliver, in co-operation with the Planner and other stakeholders, the programme of periodic inspections and testing of electrical installations at motorway network sites.
• To carry out electrical maintenance duties associated with the Highways England communications network infrastructure.
• Carry out all associated installation and commissioning works in relation to project requirements and ensuring delivery on time and to quality.
• Completion of all relevant documentation and sign off.
• May be required to carry out training to the field team to improve electrical competence
• Responsible for ensuring that established and potentially new customer relationships are maintained and developed by demonstrating the highest level of professionalism at all times.
• Monitor and report to line manager on progress and issues.
• To show a high level of professionalism at all times.
• To promote the company and its services to our customers.
• Ensure that any changes to the electrical maintenance processes and procedures are communicated to all the operations teams as necessary.
• Responsible for the ordering of essential equipment and consumables via approved purchase order process in support of the electrical maintenance program in conjunction with line management.
• To perform risk assessments and assist with creation of method statements necessary for electrical maintenance activities required on the network.
• Liaise and assist with the management of sub-contractors engaged in electrical maintenance activities.
• To ensure all documentation including condition reports, test documentation, time sheets and work sheets are completed correctly and according to requested deadlines.
• To work in accordance with Environmental, Security and Health & Safety requirements, including ISO9001, ISO18001 and local working instructions/site inductions.
• To ensure vehicles, tools, spares, clothing and equipment are maintained in a usable and ready condition at all times.
• To maintain knowledge of current legislative and electrical industry standards.
• Complies with all QEHS Regulations and procedures for this role.
• The above is a general description of the work to be carried out and not an exhaustive list. The role holder is also required to perform all reasonably assigned duties
• Able to work in outside environment.
• Ability to work at heights, and in confined spaces
• Ability to travel/ stay away overnight when required
• Willing to work outside contractual hours if required
Business Operations Skills – Experience:
• Experience of electrical maintenance requirements within buildings or telecommunications infrastructure.
• Knowledge of the NRTS products and services or Alcatel proprietary telecommunications systems and infrastructure
• Experience of the Motorway’s environment and the HE’s communications infrastructure.
Business Operations Skills – Qualifications:
• Relevant HNC qualification or solid relevant experience within an electrical engineering/telecommunications field.
• Electrical Installation qualifications in alignment with City & Guilds 2391
• Membership of the Institute of Electrical Engineers.
• G39 qualification involving street furniture.
• Site Supervisory safety training scheme (SSSTS).
• Current edition on electrical qualification.
• Full UK Driving licence.
• Team player.
• Self-motivated and driven.
• Flexible approach to work.
• Starter / finisher
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.