|Job Title:||Estates Surveyor – Contract|
|Salary:||£400-£450 per day|
Main Purpose of Role
Play a key role in implementing our Estate policies and strategy to develop the estate and meet group objectives.
Manage a caseload of estates projects including lease renewals, rent reviews, assignments, freehold purchases, forced site moves / notice to quit and business rates recharges / appeals.
Undertake a range of property management matters including property disputes & litigation, title issues, rent management, compulsory purchase orders, site access facilitation, health & safety defects and landlord queries across 2,000 site portfolios
Manage partners and suppliers, provide instructions to agents and solicitors, co-ordinate programme review meetings and ensure deliverables are achieved in a timely fashion to necessary quality standards.
To provide a trusted interface with other areas of the business including deployment, finance, site access, health & safety and legal. Provide support to delivery teams including securing wayleaves and giving advice on interpretation of lease agreements.
Maintain estates management records utilising property management systems and directories.
• Manage your own caseload of estates projects within negotiation paraments securing best value for the business. Prepare business cases to support estates transactions. Achieve project deliverables within timescales defined by the relevant work stream programme.
• Undertake property management duties across the estate in the UK and Republic of Ireland, handling matters throughout the lifecycle of property assets, in line with estates management policies. Ensure we its contractual and statutory obligations to key stakeholders including site providers, neighbours, customers and local authorities. Manage site level risks and issues such that site portfolio remains open for business at all times. Work with colleagues to ensure we provide a safe working environment for site attendees.
• Act as key point of contact with partners and suppliers, holding them to account for delivering against service levels and programme timescales. Undertake regular review meetings facilitating resolution of any issues or blockers and providing any necessary guidance.
• Maintain strong and constructive relationships with our site providers, neighbours and local communities in order that we can execute its business model of developing our site infrastructure and maximising usage of the portfolio.
• Engage positively with our customers maintaining and enhancing our reputation for delivery and flexibility amongst our customer base.
• Manage external supplier relationships to deliver estates transactions to service levels and in line with commercial objectives.
• Play your part in ensuring the estates team are regarded as trusted advisors to other departments within the group.
Compliance & Security
• To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our business obligations.
Experience (technical, managerial, industry)
• Broad experience of estates management and property management.
• Experienced negotiator including preparation of written instructions to solicitors.
• Understanding of the Electronic Communications Code, the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954 together with relevant case law.
• Experience managing outsource suppliers and partners with demonstrable techniques for ensuring performance deliverables are achieved.
• Practical valuation experience and knowledge of the RICS red book.
• Valuations undertaken in line with principles set out in the Electronic Communications Code.
• Experience of the property regimes as they apply in England & Wales, Scotland and Northern & Ireland
Education level / Qualifications (professional, vocational)
• Degree in Property / Estates Management or similar
• RICS Chartered Surveyor
• RICS Registered Valuer
• Commercially astute
• Excellent ability to communicate successfully with people at all levels both inside and outside, both verbally and in writing
• Sound negotiation skills and experience
• Strong appreciation of the market for telecommunications sites in the UK
• Effective stakeholder management skills
• Computer literate, intermediate skills with Microsoft Office and in particular Excel
• Strong network of contacts within the Telecoms industry
• Trained in negotiation from a recognised body or established trainer
• Highly motivated with a will to succeed
• Ability to respond well in a pressured and deadline driven environment
• High levels of organisation skills to manage a very broad set of responsibilities, with an eye for detail
• Able to analyse problems or situations and create solutions to achieve the best and most efficient outcome
• Takes ownership by seizing the initiative, meeting deadlines and being accountable for actions and decisions
• Shows integrity by being open and honest, being professional and following through on commitments
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.