|Job Title:||Fibre Engineer|
|Salary:||£25,000 per annum|
Our client is seeking a fibre experienced (FTTP), telecoms focused network engineer to join our expanding business. We are a family owned Internet Service Provider bringing broadband to rural areas through a mixture of technologies. Having secured several £multi million projects, and with the view of acquiring more, we need a Fibre Engineer on a permanent basis to help deploy and maintain new and existing networks. You will be working on major new projects as our client extends its networks in specific geographic regions.
A typical engineer has a flexible working approach, an ability to solve problems under time pressure and is comfortable working at heights and has networking skills.
Benefits of the job includes, a competitive salary, a commercial vehicle and phone, specific training, pension scheme, monthly bonus (dependant on performance) and the chance to work in an energised and successful team
• Working with the project team and fibre planners within specific timeframes to deploy overhead fibre including:
o Fusion splicing
o OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) testing
o Blown Fibre installation
o Installation of Customer Termination Point
o Proving of Network Infrastructure
• Troubleshooting individual and wider network issues.
• Liaising with both colleagues and customers; keeping in regular contact with the office staff.
• Being punctual and conducting all work to high standards of neatness.
• OOH on-call work may be required on a rota basis
• Correct use of safety equipment and procedures
The successful candidate will have/be:
• In-depth understanding and experience of IT networking ( TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, Switches, Routers, PoE, Fibre optic networks, Client/server) experience
• Experience and certifications in the installation and maintenance of Fibre optic networks, Splicing, OTDR testing,
• Great team player, preferably with leadership qualities
• Ability to analyse and solve problems
• Comfortable working at heights
• Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
• Have a genuine interest in the IT sector with the ability to suggest and implement new technologies as they emerge
• Be able to manage own workload and hit the ground running
• Full driving license
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.