Fibre Installation Supervisor – Leeds / Huddersfield – Permanent
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
When the future is full fibre, it’s faster, more affordable and better connected. We’re the leading provider of this alternative network infrastructure, building Gigabit cities from the ground up. These cities support mobile operators, businesses, and homes, helping them to develop and grow at an accelerated pace, and you’ll be helping to shape a network for a super-connected society.
With a competitive salary, you’ll also receive benefits including 25 days holiday, a day off on your birthday, discretionary bonus and private healthcare.
Please note there will be travel required as part of this role and we will provide a company vehicle.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
It’s essential to the success of the role as Installation Supervisor that you have previous demonstrable experience supervising / leading multi engineers or gangs, with a focus on developing and coaching, creating a culture of continuous improvement across the engineering community in terms of skills and knowledge.
Additional essential requirements include:
• Experience auditing completed works and carrying out quality checks
• Experience auditing safe systems of works (safety checks)
• Extensive experience and knowledge of fibre including network build, FTTH installation, fibre blowing and fibre splicing
• Knowledge of PIA – duct and / or pole installations
• NRSWA – units 2 and 10
• Full clean driving license
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As our Installation Supervisor, you’ll be carrying out field performance quality checks across direct labour and suppliers to ensure they are fully compliant and that quality standards are in line with company requirements. This will include completing audits on PON (Passive Optical Network) installed using PIA network and supporting and encouraging positive safety practises.
You’ll also be:
• Supervising installation engineers to ensure safety, quality and processes are followed in line with company requirements
• Completing installs of fibre optic cables into residential and business premises
• Assisting with ‘on the day’ issues that would otherwise prevent successful completion of tasks impacting right first time
• Dealing with complex / non-standard installations from site survey through to successful completion
• Owning the delivery performance of a given area from right first time (RFT), safety and quality outcomes
• Owning service incidents / escalations to a successful outcome in a professional and timely manner
• Being part of an on-call rota providing industry leading emergency response for network / customer – issues / faults
• Owning and manage complaints from initial contact through to a positive resolution in-line with KPI’s
• Embracing continuous improvement (CI) supporting the organisation with installation problem solving