Fibre Planner – Eastbourne – Permanent
Our client is one of the leading telecommunications businesses in the UK and is currently seeking new Fibre Planners to join their expanding team in London on a Contract basis.
You will be working on existing and new design projects as our client extends its networks across London and other regions. The role will include Surveying of sites and Planning.
We need a self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail, who can work both on their own and as part of a team, liaising with both engineers and senior staff.
• Responsible for the construction design of fibre networks.
• Design of agreed fibre builds for FTTP projects using various software.
• Ensure that all works comply with guidelines and relevant codes of practice.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate forecasting of project spending.
• Ensure that all designs are accurate and completed to a high standard.
• Essential that you have a detailed understanding of civils route and fibre planning.
• You should have a good understanding of telecoms diversionary works and codes of practice.
• Experience in dealing with high volumes of data for civils and fibre design.
• Good knowledge of Streetwork regulations.
• The ability to understand and produce detailed survey, installation and As-built documentation.
• Knowledge and understanding of FTTP methods and design.
• A telecoms background coupled with planning is required – previous experience working for a major UK telecom company would be an advantage.
• FTTP planning experience and current knowledge of associated passive network elements and optical budget limitations.
• Good geospatial/geographical knowledge and understanding.
• Good, working knowledge of Excel.
• Full driving licence preferable but not essential.