|Job Title:||Fibre Planner|
Our Client is seeking a Fibre experienced (FTTP), telecoms focused Fibre Planner to join our expanding team in Worcester. We are a family owned Internet Service Provider bringing broadband to rural areas through a mixture of technologies. Having secured several £multi million projects, and with the view of acquiring more, we need a Fibre Network Planner on a permanent basis to help plan new and existing networks. You will be working on major new design projects as our client extends its networks in specific geographic regions. The role will be largely Fibre planning but may also use specific software to map our current and new fixed wireless network and help design projects for tenders in the future. The candidate does not need experience of software, as full training will be given.
The job offers a competitive salary, pension and a great environment to work in.
We need a self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail, who can work both on their own and as part of a team, liaising with both engineers and senior staff.
• Owning, executing and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
• Source information for the mapping software. This will involve liaising with engineers for information on masts and with radio companies for technical data.
• Flexible approach in dealing with amendments to planned information and design standards.
• Ensure work is accurate and completed on time.
• Data manipulation within external databases, internal program databases and Microsoft Excel.
• Supporting survey requirements if required
• Process improvement and documentation.
• Preparation and analysis of reports.
• Visiting project areas where necessary.
• A telecoms background coupled with planning is required – previous experience working for a major UK telecom company would be an advantage
• FTTP planning experience and current knowledge of associated passive network elements and optical budget limitations
• Good geospatial/geographical knowledge and understanding.
• Good, working knowledge of Excel.
• Full driving licence preferable but not essential.
• Knowledge and use of ATDI ICS Designer software and/or a background understanding of an equivalent GIS suite.
• Awareness of Radio Frequency (RF) propagation including Line of Sight (LoS) links is desirable.
Skills / Personal Qualities
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Proactive problem solver with logical decision making qualities
• Effective communicator to both field and office staff
• Able to work alone and also within a team
• Quick learner – ability to pick up new software quickly
• Excellent report writing skills
Only candidates who have been successful at our shortlisting stage will be contacted in relation to the next steps of the recruitment process.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.