• Design and oversee design of agreed fibre architectures to satisfy city design (FTTH)
• Forecast CAPEX and OPEX requirements of designed infrastructure projects
• Management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
• Manage and advise on capacity within the FTTH city
• Liaise with outsourcing companies for detailed design
• Help develop, implement and champion our network topologies
• Apply rigor to data quality within our asset and customer management systems
• Drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness
• Model and monitor new active city networks.
• Identify and augment existing network as required.
• Deliver short, medium and long-term forecasts for all network components.
• Incrementally improve network capacity monitoring and operational excellence utilising automation, AI etc to drive a lean operating model.
• Work with Vendor relationships in regards securing a repeatable supply chain.
• Participates in the Council/contractor walk out with the Construction Manager
• Ensures and oversees the design acceptance by the City Team
• Ensures Stage 1 As builts received, checked and stored
• Ensures Stage 2 As builts received, validated and stored
• Coordinates any updates changes to as design
• Ensures notification of patching to be completed to engineering
• Coordination of As builts added to GIS
• Coordinates release sheets and LOC codes checked
• Coordinates release sheets and LOC codes added to GIS
• Coordinates Monthly valuation of works
• Coordinates EWN Risk Register
• Delivery Manager
• Head of Network Delivery (regional)
• Design Manager
• Central Design Team
• Architecture and Engineering Team
• Systems & Development Team
• Field Services Team
• Software providers
• Local authorities
• External planning resource
• Outsourced companies for detailed design
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Experience with manipulating data and metadata underpinning a civils and fibre design
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of civils route planning
• Detailed understanding of all aspects of fibre planning
• Detailed understanding of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
• Full understanding of UK local and national authority regulations in respect to civil engineering works
• Ability to understand and produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
• Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services
• FTTP methodologies and design
• Working understanding of long-distance fibre networks
• GCSE level qualification including Mathematics and English
• Full Clean Driving Licence
IT is one of the most dynamic and demanding sectors of the recruitment market, requiring in-depth knowledge of existing and emerging technologies plus the ability to identify and secure top talent quickly, in a highly competitive environment.