The role will be responsible for the delivery of a FTTP and Metro network deployment project. Provides leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the Project Team. The role will be responsible setting priorities for the project to achieve successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI’s such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved.
• Management of multiple work streams for deploying FTTP and Metro networks.
• Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
• Direct management responsibility for the Construction management team and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
• Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
• Review Business connection pipeline for the city and working with the regional Service Operations team to identify the priorities.
• Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported to the SHEQ Manager.
• Working closely with Contract Management to ensure accurate timely forecasting and cost management, to effectively manage change and risks mitigation to minimise cost uplift.
• Responsibility as contractual Project Manager (or other equivalent title) in the operation of the Contract in place with all suppliers. Preparation and issuing of contractual notices and correspondence as required under the terms and conditions. With support from Contract Management to ensure that all required contractual obligations are met in administering the contract.
• Provides accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to Senior Management.
• Establish and maintain an effective relationship with key suppliers, internal departments and customers as necessary to deliver projects.
• Establish, manage and weekly or as required report of project Highlights, Risks and Issues throughout the project lifecycle both internally (within a matrix environment) to management team and to client stakeholders.
• Ensure all completion documentation and As built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
• A leader of Quality and H&S promoting and managing excellent SHEQ practices across the business and its contractors to ensure high standards are maintained.
Knowledge & Experience
• Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £20M.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders.
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
• Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
• Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
• Commercial Awareness – understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections.
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
• Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA).
• Experience of recognised project management methodology.
• Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract.
• Proven ability to identify and action _add on_ sale opportunities.
• Experience of CRM systems – Salesforce.
• Degree Level or 7 years’ Project Management experience gained within a telecoms environment.
• Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM.
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely.
• Full Clean Driving Licence.
• Civil Engineering qualifications.
• Fibre Optic qualifications.
• Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16.