|Job Title:||Field Engineer|
|Salary:||£29,000 - £32,000|
Field Engineer – Permanent – London – up to £32k
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
The Field Engineer will be expected to provide Field Deployment & First Line Maintenance support to a varied customer base. Day to day tasks will involve new build I&C activities and/or responding to maintenance calls within SLA, fault finding and hardware replacement with TAC assistance.
He/she will also provide support in technical competence, observing our clients Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
• To support the company by carrying out installation and commissioning duties in both a project and maintenance environment.
• To provide First Line Maintenance support for our client to the current customer base.
• Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met.
• Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
• Provide the Global Support Centre / Project team with regular up-to-date information on progress of intervention.
• Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
• Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
• Good oral and written communicator.
• Good training skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative and deliver key objectives.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Ability to positively influence others.
• Previous experience in telecommunications or related field experience.
• A sound knowledge of Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Huawei, Cisco and Tellabs equipment are essential.
• PC literate, especially Microsoft Office suite including MS PowerPoint and MS Visio. Microsoft Excel is essential.
• Willingness and ability to pick up new systems quickly.
• Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Self-motivated and able to work to own initiative.
• Ability to effectively manage own time and workload.
• Flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
• Ability to complete & submit project documentation within specified deadlines.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.