|Job Title:||Field Engineer|
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
The Field Engineer will be expected to provide Field Deployment & First Line Maintenance support to a varied customer base. Day to day tasks will involve new build I&C activities and/or responding to maintenance calls within SLA, fault finding and hardware replacement with TAC assistance.
He/she will also provide support in technical competence, observing our clients Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
To support the company by carrying out installation and commissioning duties in both a project and maintenance environment.
• To provide First Line Maintenance support for our client to the current customer base.
• Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met.
• Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
• Provide the Global Support Centre / Project team with regular up-to-date information on progress of intervention.
• Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
• Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
• Good oral and written communicator.
• Good training skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work on own initiative and deliver key objectives.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Ability to positively influence others.
• Previous experience in telecommunications or related field experience.
• A sound knowledge of Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent, Ciena, Huawei, Cisco and Tellabs equipment are essential.
• PC literate, especially Microsoft Office suite including MS PowerPoint and MS Visio. Microsoft Excel is essential.
• Willingness and ability to pick up new systems quickly.
• Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• Self-motivated and able to work to own initiative.
• Ability to effectively manage own time and workload.
• Flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
• Ability to complete & submit project documentation within specified deadlines.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.