Our client is a global business which works with forward-thinking organisations to help turn their climate responsibilities into tangible benefits, reducing globally million tonnes of CO2, with improved quality of life for more than 39 million people around the world.
Our client’s award-winning management team use their extensive experience to design, structure and deliver impactful projects in global locations, maintaining a market-leading position across the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join the Finance Team reporting to the CFO, but with a reporting line to the CEO for risk management activities.
The role will head the operational finance function for the business and will encompass responsibility for financial control, cash and transaction management, financial risk management, production of timely management and statutory accounts and delivering key reporting and commercial MIS requirement for the CFO and the Executive team.
Responsibilities will include:
You will be a Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) with a proven background in managing a finance function in a fast-growing business.
• Leading the finance team in the production of accurate monthly management accounts and monthly management information.
• Advising CFO and the Executive Team, where required, on any developments within financial reporting standards and other regulatory changes.
• Ensuring strong financial control across the company and that all reconciliations and related financial controls are completed in a timely manner.
• To provide support to, and manage, external audit requirements.
• Providing leadership and support to assist the development of a small finance team to their full potential
• Develop an understanding of market risk as it applies to the core business and input to the Executive team accordingly.
• Make recommendations to reduce or control risk including liaising with underwriters and insurers
• Ensure best practice compliance with regulatory frameworks including all tax, any industry specific regulatory requirements (such as MfiD).
Person and Attributes
• Experience in providing detailed reporting to Senior Leadership Teams, Boards, and Investors
• Demonstrable understanding of, and the make-up of, a secure financial control environment
• Proven experience of managing and enhancing risk management
• Proven ability to analyse complex financial information and communicate results and options for decision-making clearly and succinctly
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; a commercial and bold thinker
• Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise work and take the day-to-day decisions