|Job Title:||FTTP – Construction Manager|
|Salary:||£43,000 - £55,000|
Construction Manager – Northampton – Permanent
Reporting to the FTTP/Metro Delivery Project Manager, Construction Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the Civils construction element for a FTTP/Metro network deployment project within a City. This role will be responsible effectively managing Key Internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of the Civil network infrastructure is constructed on time, within budget and meets the required Quality criteria.
• Management of multiple work streams and resources for constructing the civils network infrastructure.
• Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
• Direct management responsibility for the Construction Supervisors and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
• Manages all vendors/contractors for construction.
• Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Proven track record in delivering medium multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £5M.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
• Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
• Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
• Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
• Commercial Awareness – understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections
• Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
• Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
• Experience of recognised project management methodology
• Degree Level or 5 years + Project Management experience gained within a Civil telecoms environment.
• NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
• Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) – Managing Safely
• Full Clean Driving Licence
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.