|Job Title:||Functional Safety Consultant|
|Salary:||£60,000 - £76,000|
Our client, a leading engineering development and research company, is seeking a Safety Consultant to join their team.
Reporting to the Head of Functional Safety, the successful candidate will be responsible for the successful delivery of functional safety activities for both internal and external customers.
Main responsibilities include:
· Performing hazard analysis and risk assessments.
· Performing safety analyses particularly using techniques such as Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
· Review and assessment of embedded systems design against safety requirements.
· Define and populate safety cases
· Lead independent safety assessment projects.
· Identify safety requirements and appropriate development lifecycles for products.
· Assist with developing and presenting training courses.
· Assist with business development and marketing activities.
Our client is looking for an individual with background as an electrical or electronics engineer, ideally with experience in an embedded systems environment, particularly safety related systems.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant field and experience in two or more of the following:
• Automotive-relevant safety-related systems standards such as IEC 61508 and ISO 26262
• Embedded hardware design
• Embedded software design
• Notations and techniques for safety case construction
• Electrical machine design and control
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global company that has built a reputation on their customer focused, fully integrated approach and industry experience.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.