Role: General Manager
Hours: Standard, Monday-Friday
Guides and manages the site under their control – organises, coordinates, supervises, and develops all on site activities to reach objectives fixed by the Group in terms of sales, productivity, profitability and in respect of all regulations and/or environmental standards.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Team Leadership and management – communicating in an effective and timely manner, performance management of the team, motivating, training and development, conflict management, setting expectations and goals and guiding employees towards achieving the results. Acts as a role model by leading by example.
• Coaching and supporting the development of the team through formal and informal processes. Defining training needs, identifying possibilities for career development of staff. Understanding employees strengths and areas for improvement.
• Creates and monitors a budget – turn strategic orientations in your field of activity into budget priorities. Estimates budget forecasts, verifies budget consistency and reliability, sets up resources for monitoring budget compliance, assesses return on investment for a program or project.
• Management of Priority Activities – Adjust resources to fluctuation of activities. Identifies and prioritises activities while considering internal and external constraints to schedule processing. Prioritises the challenges and urgency of a project or operation to timely implementations. Identifies opportunities for development in strategic segments when applicable
• Resource Management – Defines and determines scope of resources required to carry out operations. Identifies the specific activities or skills for which consulting a specialist is required. Adapts and optimizes continuously the operating tools and systems to meet the business challenges of the site (development, quality control, profitability). Adjusts organization and existing resources to the level of activity. Pushes for an increase in resources or for sufficient resources for fluctuations in activity
• Conducts feasibility analysis – assesses the technical, commercial and financial feasibility of the needs and requirements of a client and chooses the solution which is most closely matched to the client needs, bearing all constraints in mind.
• Cost Control Assessment – Calculates costs and monitors margins
• Change Management – Lead as necessary on change management programmes. Encourages staff to support and join in with company projects and initiatives. Promotes the advantages of new tools or new procedures.
• Organisation and monitoring of suppliers / service providers – from start up (analyzing and comparing purchasing proposals, selecting suppliers in line with price, quality and delivery, negotiating terms and conditions) to evaluating the performance of suppliers or service providers and evaluating compliance of transport services in relation to specifications
• Operational Management – Monitor WHS operational activity with relevant tools. Updates and enforces UK rules and regulations which apply to WHS activity . Ensure Company standards and are respected by employees
• Keep self up to date with developments with area of activity, reviewing best practice for implementation and evaluating impact of changes in the environment on area of activity and put in place actions plans.
• Processes admin management of personnel on sites responsible.
• Represents the company externally (clients, suppliers, networks etc)
• Ensures the sites legal compliance with all customs regulations
• Ensures the safety and security of the personnel, site and all gods in the supply chain.
• Cleanliness, orderliness and archiving – clean and tidy your work environment before leaving, sort waste in line with recommended procedures, participates proactively in reducing energy consumption at the site, maintain files and archives methodically in accordance with the prescribed retention periods for all documents used.
• Follow and comply with all quality processes.
• Ad-hoc duties as and when required from time to time by your line manager.