Head of Audit and Risk Control – Reading – Permanent – £75k – £85k DOE
Head of Audit and Risk Control to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of corporate procedures and risk management with the aim of safeguarding and improving the performance of my client.
• Manage and perform internal audits of the UK business as part of the audit plan.
• Lead a ‘virtual team’ of risk primes from each function to review, validate and assess risks, and their root causes, and to then agree required actions and deadlines.
• Identify systemic risks and systemic root causes that may exist across the UK business.
• Identify external (ensure that corporate risk assessment approach is adopted) as well as internal risks.
• Ensure that the financial impact of risks, and any mitigating actions, are quantified and incorporated in the company’s UK budgets and/or ‘Risk & Opportunities’ forecasts
• Prepare and present to UK and Corporate Steering Board risk reports reflecting the summary risk ratings, identification of systemic issues, and more detailed commentary and plans agreed.
• Direct reporting to Managing Director in the UK and Internal Audit & Risk Control Corporate.
• Multi-site / multi-function audit experience of companies
• Relevant sectors: multinational companies.
• An evident passion for the role of Internal Audit & Risk and for the value this can bring
Orientation to continuous improvement
• Results focused.
• Combination of clarity & firmness of thought with an ability to listen and take feedback or challenge.
• Strong financial & commercial experience
• Ability to build trusting relationships across multiple teams and colleagues.
• Desire for personal development
• Customer orientation
My client is Europe’s leading operator of wireless telecommunications infrastructures with a portfolio of 45,000 sites including forecast rollouts up to 2027, as well as providing deployment of safety and emergency networks for the security forces.