|Job Title:||Head of Commercial|
|Salary:||£70,000 to £80,000|
Head of Commercial – Permanent – Leicester/Manchester – £70,000 to £80,000 + Car or Car allowance + 20% bonus
Our client is a provider of ‘cutting edge’ transport infrastructure technology designed for transport management, monitoring and control. With the demands of the future being ever present their ingenious solutions will shape the Smart Motorways of tomorrow.
Working into the MD, our client is looking for a Head of Commercial to be a part of major projects managing the commercial interest and obligations moving forwards. Working collaboratively with key stakeholder across Sales, Finance, Procurement and Operations, you’ll manage and execute programme deliverables efficiently and cost effectively. Whilst ensuring that the company meets its contractual obligations, you’ll implement the embedding of a commercial contracting culture throughout the business.
You’ll develop a team of 4/5 commercial professionals, have budget responsibility and be required to travel to their sites across the UK.
• Help develop, set and maintain the pricing and payment terms strategy for the business
• Protect the company’s’ interests by supporting contract negotiation, reviewing and proposing terms & conditions consistent with their standards.
• Work across functions (Operations, Procurement, Legal, Finance and Sales) to ensure commercial contractual obligations are met.
• Work with Finance to determine labour/ overhead rates to be used in bidding; ensure rates meet all potential contractual and disclosure requirements.
• Lead a team of cross-country Quantity Surveyors and Estimators ensuring contractual requirements & obligations are managed commercially.
• Manage key commercial risks and opportunities at a contract and business level, ensuring commercial maximisation of returns from contracts.
• Develop and manage project performance reporting and work with the Finance team to forecast project performance and explain variances against forecast.
• Manage project risk register along with relevant Operations and Finance counterparts.
• Continuously review contract performance and take action to improve working capital position (managing project WIP) and mitigate any risks identified.
• Manage a process for customer applications/certifications. Flow the process down the contract execution chain.
• Monitor customer retentions to maximize cash collections at the end of each project.
• Own the administration and management of main client accounts.
• Work with Procurement & Operations teams to manage all sub-contracted relationships (including managing scope, price and terms & conditions).
To be successful you will have:
• Qualified Quantity Surveyor (QS) with membership of an appropriate industry body.
• Significant experience of managing as head of department with budget reporting responsibilities, as part of a senior Unit management team with P&L responsibility.
• Construction industry experience as a QS working with Applications and Certificates.
• Claims and dispute resolution against recognised contract structures.
• Managing multiple project and client accounts simultaneously on both supply and demand side.
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.