|Job Title:||Head of Contracts|
|Location:||London / Milton Keynes|
|Salary:||£80,000 - £90,000|
Head of Contracts Management (Post Contract)
Location: Flexible between London and Milton Keynes
Hours: Full time
Travel: Will be required (UK only)
Benefits: Include 25 days holiday, day off for your birthday – on us! Private Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Holiday Purchase, Day off for Corporate Social Events and many more…
We are the UK’s leading alternative provider of wholesale fibre infrastructure and the builder of Gigabit Britain. Known for our Gigabit City projects in which we deploy next generation digital infrastructure to the public sector, businesses community, mobile operators and homes, we are disrupting a stagnant UK telecoms market and helping spark our digital economy. With bold plans, and partners signed up, to deploy fibre direct to 5 million homes and businesses, we will soon be transforming the digital capabilities of towns and cities up and down the country. Full speed ahead!
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of our journey of success by providing an industry leading service, ask yourself…
• Are you looking for a role that challenges you?
• Can you multitask and prioritise work?
• Do you undertake a methodical, measured approach to your work?
• Do you want to be part of an engaging and inspiring team?
• Do you like communicating with others and work together to solve problems?
• Would you like the opportunity to develop your skills and learn new ones?
To lead the contract management approach within post contract award and to manage and develop our contract management team to support our network builds. Managing contracts in life and related commercial administration, including estimating, cost control and budget and cost to complete reporting. Dealing with commercial issues as they arise and leading commercial engagement in any disputes raised.
In addition, This role is a leadership role supporting the Director of Supply Chain in setting and implementing the strategy to optimise our roll out of the full fibre network and our engagement with targeted and existing construction partners,
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Setting out the strategy and operational approach to managing construction contracts across the business
• Managing contract managers and teams to ensure we are managing project cost from beginning to completion. Ensure systems are in place for good commercial practice to be maintained and drive continued improvements leveraging technology
• Assess, optimise and control project costs across all works and ensure robust, accurate and standardised reporting back into the business to help monitor commercial risk and cost per premise
• Drive and oversee the implementation and support of systems and tools to support analysis and reporting
• Oversee the team’s preparation of interim valuations / final accounts together with the submission and agreement of claims and varied works including associate cost analysis on contract works in line with best practise
• Oversee the production of timely and accurate monthly cost & value reports, quarterly reports and cash flow information.
• Provision of commercial support to project teams with the timely preparation of contractual notices and correspondence
• Commercial management including procurement, negotiation, valuation, and settlement of final accounts
• Driving best practise to ensure we continue to minimise the commercial risks in our contracts
• Organise equipment and materials costings in liaison with procurement
• Establish key performance indicators for projects to manage cost and ensure maximum profitability
• Ensure we have a strong management and timely resolution of any issue variation instructions, compensation events and change requests via CEMAR or other appropriate system
• Ensuring we support and enable pre-sales teams in areas of new telecoms infrastructure and their accuracy of estimating tools
• Support in the identification of appropriate types of contract appropriate to the proposed projects with the Supply Chain Director and Head of Precontract
• Delivery & Operations
• Sales (pre Sales support)
• Construction Partners
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Extensive experience within the telecoms or civil engineering industries
• Extensive experience in preparing contract documents especially NEC 3 contracts and contractual management especially NEC3 OptionB and Option
• Significant experience of managing, negotiating and resolving construction disputes
• Experience in managing teams and being able to work in a scaling organisation
• Relevant Industry qualifications required and previous Telecoms experience is Essential.
• Excellent commercial acumen
• Knowledge of Construction Contract Law.
• Technical knowledge of a variety of forms of contract especially frameworks like NEC3
• Extensive knowledge of Early Warnings and CE procedures within the NEC3 as well as compiling CE quotations
• Excellent knowledge of Excel
• Leadership skills
• Commercial and business awareness
• Negotiation skills
• Analytical and comfortable working with data
• Problem solving
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Good communications skills both verbally and orally
• Strong mentoring to develop and grow abilities of your team
• Flexibility for travel as required
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Project management experience
• Strong IT/Systems experience
• Management of contracts via software: CEMAR or similar
• RICS qualified
• Degree level qualification in Cost Engineering /Quantity Surveying or similar
• Understanding of New Roads and Streetworks Act
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.