|Job Title:||Head of Manufacturing|
|Salary:||£60,000 to £80,000|
Head of Manufacturing – Permanent – Cambridge – £60,000 – £80,000 (Flexible) – Per Annum + Benefits
Our client is leader in the design and development of networks that help support Internet of Things (IoT). They provide their customers with end to end networking solutions and applications that ultimately help improve service delivery, enhance business efficiency and save energy.
Reporting into the Head of Engineering and managing a team, you’ll be tasked with scoping out, agreeing and delivering an effective Manufacturing, Procurement and Quality strategy to assist with the growth of operations over time. You’ll control the ‘cost of sales’ to ensure delivery of expected product margin and ensure all supply chain relationships are commercially optimised.
Ideally from an Electronics manufacturing background, you’ll be process driven and have a clear and concise knowledge of the Manufacturing process.
• Owner of the Contract Manufacturing and Vendor selection strategy
• Owner of the organisation-wide procurement and manufacturing processes to meet the operational needs of our customer delivery teams.
• Manage the existing manufacturing support team along with the master build scheduling process and NPI function.
• Responsible for aligning process to the compliance of all ISO standards followed.
• Responsible for contract negotiation and agreements (for high value/volume and strategic suppliers/services).
• Working with the Sales team to ensure accurate costing mechanisms for new contracts and proposals.
• Ensure all processes fulfil the requirements of the relevant quality objectives.
• Support the development process for new product introduction and vendor design-win value.
• Responsible for the relationships with strategic component suppliers and CEMs to ensure best practice and optimised manufacturing.
• Continually research best manufacturing practice on a global basis.
• Ensure necessary corporate governance with all suppliers to ensure compliance to the organisations CSR Policy.
• Substantive experience of sourcing and negotiation of; components, electronics fabrication assembly and test contracts on a global basis.
• Experience of globally evaluating CEMs and complex suppliers for continued improvement and new opportunities.
• Experience of managing high volume complex electronic equipment.
• Proficient knowledge of contract and company law.
• Desirable knowledge of international law, shipping terms and taxation.
• Understanding of foreign currency transactions.
• Exposure to working with developing countries.
• Excellent organisational, problem solving, target driven individual
• Highly process, quality and results oriented
Fuel Recruitment acts as both an Employment Business and an Employment Agency.