We are currently on the hunt for a reliable and effective Head of Network Build to join a well-known and exciting national telecommunications outsourcing company. The right candidate will be able to plan projects and oversee their progress in a timely and cost-effective manner. You will be responsible for budgeting, organisation, implementation and scheduling of up to £20m annual revenue.
• Meeting regularly with clients, third parties and managers to report progress
• Determining and managing the manpower requirements of a project
• Setting targets, objectives and responsibilities for all supervised personnel
• Recommending policy and procedure improvements
• Monitoring performance against agreed criteria
• Overall responsibility for ensuring contractual obligations related to the civils are fulfilled
• Liaising with sub-contractors and advisors, ensuring the delivery of high quality work within contract timescales and provide regular updates
• Dealing with the escalation of contract disputes to mitigate the impact and support on-time delivery
• Oversee all work to monitor against standards, compliance and health and safety regulations
• Provide technical leadership and expertise for projects and ensure client satisfaction.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with demonstrable achievements in an infrastructure build environment in utilities or telecommunications.
• Degree in a subject accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) preferred, such as construction engineering, civil engineering or construction management.
• Planning & Organising: Proven ability to identify deliverables, establish a course of action, acquire resources and deploy them effectively.
• Time Management: Proven ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment, working to tight deadlines and ensure effective delivery of priorities to meet targets and objectives.
• Supplier Management: Ability to communicate and deal effectively with third parties to ensure that external dependencies are adequately managed.
• Responsibility: Proven ability to work without direct supervision and to solve problems using own initiative.
• Communication: Proven ability to provide effective and timely communication to customers and project teams. Proven ability to impart information clearly and concisely at executive level both by verbal presentation and written reports.
• Cooperation & negotiation: Proven ability to work effectively with others in order to meet project objectives.
• Problem Solving: Proven ability to analyse and document a situation and understand how to apply that analysis to resolve the issue at hand.